Actually I did. But that gives: “The indicated target is not a valid UI element for the SelectItem action”.
On the same page there is a real dropdown and that works perfectly.
It’s not a dropdown box I think. When you type something in the field it presents the names that match what one types. But typing the entire name doesn’t help either than de ‘list’ of suggested names is empty.
I also took a look at the “Find children” activity but I can’t seem to set the correct selector for that.
The detailed information about the issue is much appreciated.
However, it is still difficult to comment on exactly what needs to change. But just from looking at the current data, I’d say make the attribute ‘aaname’ more flexible.
Right now, it’s looking for a drop-down item with aaname value '' i.e. Blank value. This will never be the case because the aaname is usually always the actual text present in the item.
Can you try making it either wildcard match ( * ) or omit it completely or use the variable for aaname instead of check:text (either-or).
That’s easy. Just update your title to only contain common/constant text and replace everything else with an asterisk ( * ) sign, such as ‘Website - Google Chrome’
Essentially what you’re looking at is a selector like this: <HTML app='chrome.exe' title='*- Google Chrome' />
If you’re making sure to use only one browser window, you can even match title with just asterisk 'title='*' but that’s probably overdoing it. It’s always recommended to match selector with some part of the title that you can uniquely detect (such as website name)
What I find strange here is that the title is probably too long to show the website name at the end. The title tends to get truncated after a certain character count.
See what works in your situation and ask here if any issues persist.
For the title I would use ‘Kennishoekpagina*’ since all pages to update start with this word.
But I can’t modify the first selector line - see screenshot in previous post it has a grey background → I can’s select or change it.
And when I put it in the fuzzyselector - it times out with the message no UI element found…
The top row of selector is frozen(not editable) when an activity is inside attach browser/attach window scope.
The top row applies to all activities within the sequence inside the attachment scope, hence it can’t be edited from the activity.
Modify the browser scope to match your desirable selector.