Select row in form

Hi Experts

Is is possible to select a row in a data table loaded into a form?

I am creating an attended robot where the user have to select which entry to process - but can it even be achieved with the Forms Designer?

Did you ever find a way to do this?

Hi @postwick

It’s quite a while ago but I remember I was struggling a bit with getting things to work. As far as I recall I never got it to work with selecting the actual row in the example shown above.

Unfortunately I do not have access to the repository anymore. But I made it work by converting the data table into a Json Array and then load the array into the form using a data grid. It looks like this:

I’ve added the example file using this option. Not sure if it is the correct way to do it. The most important thing I remember when looking into this is that the input/output to the form is case sensitive.

In the example I have left the add and delete rows option enabled. This means that there is some logic you need to look into when adding back the data into your data table, e.g. resetting the data in the data table. If you disable the option to add/delete rows and use is only to edit existing data then you can loop the array using a row counter as index on which row to update in your data table.

Hope this helps.

Main.xaml (17.9 KB)

1 Like

I ended up adding a boolean column to the datatable I’m passing in, which gets displayed as a checkbox. So the users can use the checkbox to select the rows they want to keep and click a button. Close enough, I guess.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.