Select item from dropdown list

I have dropdown list and 2 of 3 items have same name . I have try to select item by selected items and with click dropdown list and click the second item by click .

Any ideas to handle this problem ?

Can you please share the screenshot of your dropdown list to have a better understanding?

i cant share this screenshot but its like this

*select
*Tony
*Tony
*Andreas

when i use select item and i select the second item the robot select always the first

Hi @ pavlou_antwnis,

try type in down arrow and then select item in some drop down lists you must do this.

Use “Click” activity on the drop down and another “click” with dynamic selectors to select the required value.

i try this i think so , but not working because the select the first

i try this but not working .
I use click activity to show the list and after click activity to select the 2 Tony but not working

Ok now see if the elements are not dynamic becouse if you have Tony and Tony … the sector must be dynamic for sure

What difference does it make if you select the first one rather the second once if both are same?? IF they are static then you may have the index in the list check the selector in the UiExplorer.

If you have a parent selector for drop down you can use the Click text activity and pass the Occurrence value = 2 to choose the second one passed on aa name.

1 Like

“What difference does it make if you select the first one rather the second once if both are same?? IF they are static then you may have the index in the list check the selector in the UiExplorer.”

To this only you can answer … but my name is Luis and im sure ttere are many more Luis in the world that are not the same as me :slight_smile: this cam make the diference.

“If you have a parent selector for drop down you can use the Click text activity and pass the Occurrence value = 2 to choose the second one passed on aa name.”

And if you now this work … why is not working ?

how to check if the element is dynamic

I know that there can be many Luis but how do you differentiate if you just say Luis you may definitely have a combination of first name last name or any unique this which will differentiate between Luis and Luis.

I don’t know how can I answer because I have not asked the question.

Hi Luis the difference if select the first one show different items next for second .
i dont have index but maybe isleaf can change ?
i dont understand what is isleaf is like id ?

Use Ui explorer so see the diferences betewn the 2 Tony’s