Select element from a confirmation box on a webpage

Hi All,

I would like to select the “OK” button from the Confirmation dialog box on a webpage. But when I am trying to use Recording>Web>Start Recording. It’s not allowing me to select that element. How can I do the same.

Thanks,
R

HI @rakhi.bih

Welcome to the community!!!

What’s the browser you are using? If its Chrome, I believe you can easily get rid of the message by using a Hot Key activity. Pass the [Esc] key to get rid of the message box. You can also try the same Hot key activity with [Enter] key as well.

Let know how this works for you!!

If this works, please mark the answer as the solution so it will help others as well… :slight_smile:

If the dialog box is in Webpage, Can you please check chrome extension is properly installed or not.
You can use element exists activity and based on that you can take the decision.

Hi Lahiru,

Thank you for your reply. I am using Edge browser. My concern is I am not able to highlighting the element of a popup window on a webpage. I want to click on OK button on that popup window.

Hi Anmol,

Thank you for your reply. I am using Edge browser. My concern is I am not able to highlighting the element of a popup window on a webpage. I want to click on OK button on that popup window.

Can you please use desktop recorder for this pop-up?

I tried but it’s selecting the background page not the popup window.

Hi @rakhi.bih, could you send the screenshot of your selector? Look, this message box doesn’t have tittle. Probably you will need to adjust the selector in order to have this popup window mapped correclty.

~DiegoTurati

Hi Diego,

Please find it here:

Great @rakhi.bih, now, in your rightside , in the property window, you have have “Input” in bold and inside this you have the option “selector” .Click on the button with three dots in sequence " … " in order to open your selector. take a screenshot and paste it here.

Please find it here:

Cool, now you need to go until the activity that you mapped inside your sequence and open the respective selector. This selector is only of your application. You need to check the selector from the activity that you have to click on the correct button to close. Is this project confidential? Case not, Do you want to send me the url you’re using ? I can try to create a projet and share it here to you.

No, it’s not confidential. Just want to do practice. The url is : https://www.bestofgalway.com/awards/index.html. In this i am logging using an email and password, then selecting a category, then sub category, then vote. I did successfully till this. But after the Vote, it’s popup a window for confirmation. At this step, i am not able to figure out it.

Great @rakhi.bih. I will check and let you know.

1 Like

Hi, have you solved the problem?