I have been able to automate the use of find and replace in an workbook but i also want to copy the corresponding row to use some of the details from the row in another workbook, how can i achieve this?
@John_Dara, follow below steps to achieve your requirement.
- Read the excel using read range activity.
- Build a another data table with required columns.
- Use For each row activity to get the row data one by one.
- Maybe if you have any condition use if activity to filter rows based on the condition.
- Then use add data row activity to populate the built data table.
- Use write range activity along with passing the built data table, which will create a excel with built data table.
Thank you @Ragu9060 would try this
The BalaReva.EasyExcel package has 2 activities called “Find” and “Find and replace”. The find activity returns the RowIndex and CellInfo. The Find and replace will do the normal process.
ToCopy Past you can use these.
The activity refuses to install, and i’m using a 2019.10 version, what can i do?
@Ragu9060 I want to select just one row after searching for a particular cell value from the sheet and use some of the details and the cell value is subject to change.
Can you share me the screen of the error please ?
Go to this one.,
Important thing is . You must have installed the Ms Office Excel in your system.
I’m still getting the same result with the new one
Please check out the error messages
I have to check it. I have a lot messages and request changes. Definitely I will take a look and ping you soon. It would n’t be a big thing. It should be a small changes…
- Use the Find activity from BalaReva.EasyExcel Package.
- You can get the row indexes from it as array.
- Do a loop and use the copy paste from UiPath Excel package.
what i want to achieve is to search for a variable cell value then copy the cells row items in the same workbook and then insert some of the details copied into another workbook