Scheduling many jobs in Orchestrator

I’m still new to UiPath. Lets say I have a dozen jobs to run on a single un-attended robot. All jobs are different so I can’t use the Queuing/Transaction feature. The execution time can vary depending on the amount of data. Let’s say for discussion sake they each take between 15 & 30 minutes. Can I schedule them optimistically 15 minutes apart. Or do I need to schedule based on the worst case scenario of 30+ minutes apart? If I schedule worst case, then on a normal day the robot will be wasting half of it’s time? Making this robot quite lazy.

What I’m expecting, or looking for is behavior like an old AS/400 job queue that processes jobs one by one until they are done FIFO starting the next as soon as the previous job completes. Can I do this?

Thanks!

Schedule after 1 minute late.
Suppose there are 3 job and scheduled Job A at 1300hrs then B at 1301hrs and C at 1302hrs. No matter how much time Job A takes Job B & C will start after completion of Job A

AMRITANSH LAL,

Thanks! I just tested this and it did seem to work. I had tried another time and it did not seem to work. It was likely an unrelated issue.

Thanks again! I would hate to have a lazy robot working for me! :wink:

When I tested two jobs yesterday it worked, but l scheduled three jobs to run this morning as suggested. Job 1 @5:00, Job 2 @5:01, Job 3 @5:02

Job 1 Started at 5:00 and completed at 5:15. Good
Job 2 Started at 5:15 and completed at 5:27. Good
Job 3 Tried to start at 5:12 for some reason and immediately failed Nothing in the job logs. Clearly it died as the robot was busy. Any idea why this did not work?

Thanks

@rogerfries

Use Queue based trigger.

Suppose A bot completed the process. It will send the notification. (“Hi I have completed my task”) As this notification get by Bot B it will trigger to do the job.
Bot B will send the notification to Bot C as Bot C received the notification it will start for the process execution.

Bot A->Notification ->Bot B
Bot B->Notification->Bot C

Bot B and Bot C will regular check the queue for its notifications.

Regards
Anand