Save file in a Desktop folder

Hi Everyone,

I need to save a file in Desktop folder and I typing in the path name “C:\users\public\desktop\Uipath” but getting message as file name invalid. Could you please suggest? I don’t want to save file by clicking This pc or Desktop folder from the left pane as the bot would be installed in multiple desktops.

Thanks,
Ulaga

Hi @Boopathi,

give the file name also.
“C:\users\public\desktop\UiPath\NewFile.txt”

Regards,
Arivu

1 Like

@arivu96. It does not work. Actually i need to attach a file from the desktop folder. C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Uipath\Template\Transform Form.DOC I gave like this but again message comes as file not valid.

Where do you want to attach?

Actually it will attach the document in salesforce. I click on browse activity and the file pop up opens and then bot must type in the C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Uipath\Template\Transform Form.DOC and attach the document

@PrankurJoshi I also searched as Uipath in c:\users\public\desktop it shows it was not there but actually uipath file is there in the desktop. Could you please let me know the actual name required to access the file in the desktop

Hi @Boopathi,

can you please check in desktop having the UiPath and Template Folder ??

Regards,
Arivu

See generally in windows we have two types of users Public and NamedUser like you must be having something on your name in your machine. I have try something on a random website and it worked fine. Please make sure to go to C->Users->Public and create folder UiPath and then have a test file in it

1 Like

Thank you for your quick responses @arivu96 and @PrankurJoshi. Yes there is folder “Uipath” in the desktop. I resolved it using type in activity. i.e I gave Environment.specialfolder.desktop + “Uipath” and it typed in the field as c:\users\ [mylocalname]\desktop\uipath and attached the document.

1 Like

Hy Ula,
would you tell me know which activity have you used for saving file.
thanks in advance!