Running testset in orchestrator

I have created the test set and able to publish it to Orchestrator, however, When I try to run the testset it is in pending status indefinitely. The academy videos are out dated and not clearly articulated about the environment creation and type. need help here.

Hi @sampathgelli
You need to ensure three things at least:

1. The machine you’re running tests on is connected with a testing license.
  2. The said machine is provisioned in the folder where this test set exists.
    2.1 The user on the test machine should be mapped to the right machine in “Permissions” tab on this folder.
  3. Edit the test set and make sure that the robot/user is assigned to run this test set.

Hope this helps.

Hi @sampathgelli,

To be able to run test set successfully, you need to have testing license and non-prod license allocated. Pending allocation happens due to license issue or bot being busy with another process(which doesn’t seem to be the case here).
Plus, also check if you have all below permissions enabled:

Once you have allocated licenses and permissions, please try running, it should work.

Regards
Sonali

1 Like

Hi @sampathgelli,

For permissions, you need to go to below screen tenant->manage access->find/create role and set permissions.

For licenses, you need to go tenant->licenses->and assign license there to your machine. If you don’t have any non-prod licenses, you can assign unattended license along with testing license, should work with that too.

Alternatively, licenses can also be assigned while create machine activity so you can go to your machine that you have created under tenant->machines-> go to your machine → edit licenses

Regards
Sonali

1 Like

Hi @sampathgelli,

As your issue is resolved now under below post, I would request to mark this topic as solution so it can benefit others :slight_smile:

Regards
Sonali

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.