Run Robot on secondary user account on PC

Hello, guys!
Hope you are having a fruitful start of the year! :slight_smile:

I will sumarise a bit the scenario of my issue:

I would like to run an unattended robot on a secondary user account (let’s call it User 2) I created on my PC in this scope. So, basically, the robot should run on one user and I would like to be able to work unrestricted on the main user account (let’s call it User 1).

The robot is using Citrix for navigating an app in an Android Emulator, scrapes data from a website on Google Chrome and writes down the data in an Excel.

I connected everything to the Orchestrator and ran the robot being logged into User 1. However, I get the following error:

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Timeout reached. ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Timeout reached.
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.BringIntoView()
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.BringToForeground()
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.TaskAsyncCodeActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

If I log in User 2 and run the robot from Orchestrator, all works without any problem.

Is there a solution to my issue or do you suggest anything I should try? The result I am hoping for is that I would be able to use my computer while the robot is running, so I am also open to other ideas beside the one mentioned here.
Also, would there be a way to actually see what’s happening on the screen of User 2 while I am logged into User 1? I am using Win10 Home Ed.

Thanks a lot!
Have a great day,
Alin

Hi,

Unfortunatly Windows 10 does not support having concurent windows sessions open.
You would need a Windows server operating system for that.

There might be alternative using 3rd party tools such as RDP wrap but this is not something i personally tested.

Cheers

1 Like