Run a foreground process by Run Parallel Process activity

When a foreground process is running and another foreground process is run by the Run Parallel Process activity, the new process is not run and it looks like that no warning is prompted, I hope that this will be improved.
On the other hand, I wonder if there is any method can be used to confirm whether a process which is available for the local machine is a background process simply by its name, or is there any method to know if a foreground robot is running?

Hi @wusiyangjia

Are you connected to an Orchestrator?

Hi @Jacqui_M

In my case, the Run Parallel Process activity is used to run local packages.

The best would then be to ensure that all of your processes using background automation (either Simulate and SendMessage properties need to be selected). This does mean that you shouldn’t use hotkeys in your automation:

The behaviour seems to be the correct one, as only one foreground process is allowed at any moment (+ any number of background ones).

According to our documentation, you cannot run the second foreground process as this should result in an error:

Hi @loginerror

Thank you for your answer.
I wonder if there is any method can be used to confirm whether a process which is available for the local machine is a background process simply by its name, or is there any method to know if a foreground robot is running?

I suppose the only way right now would be to develop a naming scheme that would take care of that (a prefix or a suffix with BG or FG)

1 Like

Hi @loginerror

Thanks for your advice.
So, I think having a method to get information about a process is foreground or background is a necessary for using the Run Parallel Process activity, and is not too difficult to implement.

1 Like

I registered your feedback fr our team to consider :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.