Roll Back from Modern to Classic

Hi @mohammedsameer.ali1,

In my previous experiments there are no official ways to convert a workflow from Windows version to Windows legacy version. In short, not backwards compatible. Windows Legacy version workflow will open in Windows version projects i.e., forwards compatibility.

In order to learn more today I did take a look at what the differences were on the xaml file level of Legacy vs Windows workflows.

Both workflow have the same content but the name spaces used have changed. I am not saying this will work, but you can give it a try.

1. I would approach this problem by first using Visual Studio Code. Take your Windows version of one workflow and check legacy version of the same workflow (here you will need to recreate the logic as you cannot copy paste from windows to windows legacy projects in UiPath)

How to compare:
    Visual Studio Code - is there a Compare feature like that plugin for Notepad ++? - Stack Overflow

My test workflows result in these findings

2. Now that you know what differences exists, you can go to your Windows version workflows and edit the text in .xaml to match the requirements of namespaces in Windows legacy. Anything which is not different can be retained.

In other words, you are back-engineering. In my case (screenshot above) I can copy from Windows Legacy version (green) to the Windows version in red. This will convert the workflow (Main.xaml) to a legacy compatible version.

3. Test on one workflow, and then open in the Windows legacy project, if all goes well then you avoid a lot of work.

4. On the contrary if you do not have a lot of code, then I would suggest you do redo the logic in windows legacy. Such manipulations are tedious and time consuming.

Results
I followed the first 3 steps and I could convert the Windows version of workflow to work in a Windows Legacy version of a project. So this is doable, it will just take some time to get things right. Hopefully, you do not have to redo this.

I will attach the files here for anyone interested to dive deeper.

1. Main_Windows.xaml (from a Windows Project) :
    Main_Windows.xaml (3.9 KB)

2. Main_Legacy.xaml (from a Windows-Legacy Project) :
    Main_Legacy.xaml (3.9 KB)

3. Main-WindowsToWindowsLegacy.xaml (the converted workflow using the method mentioned) :
    Main_WindowsToWindowsLegacy.xaml (3.9 KB)

This is a long post, but I hope this helps you out.