Returning Boolean if value in Datatable

Hey Team,

I’m writing an if statement and I’d like to check if a given value is anywhere within a column in a DataTable.

Is there some function like → “row(0).toString In Datatable” that will return “True”?

we can mention like this in the IF condition
row(0).ToString.Equals(“yourvalue”)
make sure that IF condition is placed within the FOR EACH ROW activity

Cheers @Jayant_C

I was asking moreso for checking if a value is in a datatable. For example I have a For Each activity iterating through TableA and I need to check if the row(0).toString matches ANY value within the first column in Table B.

Your solution seems like it would work only to check for a single value.

@Jayant_C
Try this:

1 Like

Hmm…but this was not mentioned in the query like we need to check with another Table
Fine
so to do we can use Lookup datatable activity as @x.Rei.Ai.x suggested
Cheers @Jayant_C

1 Like

Yeah I could have been more clear. Thanks @Palaniyappan I appreciate your response.

Thanks @x.Rei.Ai.x

Greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Fine this is the step involved
–hope we got two datatable dt1 and dt2
–now use a for each row loop and pass the variable dt1 as input
–inside the loop use a LOOKUP DATATABLE activity where in the property panel mention as
–under input category
Datatable as dt1
value as row(“yourcolumnname in dt1”).ToString

–under lookup column index - mention the column index of one column in dt2 that we need to compare with our column in dt1 and usually the column index starts from 0 for the first column

–under output cell value – mention a string variable named str_output

–under Target column index – mention the column index of a column in dt2 whose value is needed as a output cell value

–to validate the value next to this lookup datatable we can use a IF condition like this
str_output.ToString.Equals(“your value”)

Cheers @Jayant_C

1 Like

I believe this is the solution.

1 Like

Cheers @Angel

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.