Replying to an Outlook email in a subfolder

I am using a “Get Outlook Mail Message” activity to get all emails from a subfolder, then a For Each Email activity to loop through them & send a reply (Reply to Outlook Mail Message activity). Everything is working fine, except the reply is going to the main Inbox rather than the subfolder where the original email lives. Is there a way to send the reply back to the subfolder?

Hi @ashley.n.andres

Please give the required email id in replyfrom field in the properties of reply to outlook mailmessage

I hope you are trying to send and get from shared mailbox

Cheers

Thank you for the suggestion. The only way I could get the reply to work was to leave the “ReplyFrom” field blank. If I try to put the account name or “Inbox\Bot testing” folder in there, I get an error that the accountname was out of range of valid values.

Hi @ashley.n.andres

Is it a shared mailbox you want the reply to go from?

if yes then give the email id of that shared mail box

eg: “abc@hotmail.com

or Are you trying to send mail to the same id and that is when you want the mail to go directly to sub folder?

cheers

I have tried entering the email address of that inbox and it would not work. It is sending the reply just fine from that inbox with leaving that field blank. What I’m trying to do is have the reply go back to the subfolder where the original email is, not the main Inbox. The reply is sending fine, but it goes to the main Inbox which would then require additional steps to move all of the replies to the subfolder which I’m trying to avoid. This might cause confusion if the replies go directly to the inbox.

Hi @ashley.n.andres

Can you add a rule in outlook itself to move the replies?

Cheers

I can, I was just trying to avoid this if there was an easier way to direct the reply to the correct folder in the “reply” activity itself. It doesn’t seem there is a better way so I will probably have to resort to this.

Hi @ashley.n.andres

When you say direct the reply, are you expecting the reply given to the mail you sent to directly go to the sub folder because the the email you used is moved to the sub folder?

If that is the case then yes your ways are to either use a rule in outlook or to use move activity once you get a reply

Or if you have multiple mail boxes setup and you want the message to go from a different mail box that is when you can use replyfrom but not for moving mails to subfolders

Cheers

Yes, I am using a For Each Email activity to loop through the emails in the subfolder and send a reply to each one. I would expect the reply to go directly to the subfolder that email is in but I see even when done manually, it goes to the Inbox. I will have to loop through that inbox to move the replies to the subfolder. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.