Remote desktop connection

I need to copy file from local computer to a remote desktop. How can I do that? I’m not very good at this, any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

HI @EmmaHill, ideally you would have a folder location which you can access from your machine and the remote desktop, then you can put any files in there which you want to access from the remote serrver.

Otherwise you could also send it to the machine over email if it has email access. You could even utilise something like dropbox or sharepoint to move the file into the cloud and then access it from the remote server.

Many thanks,

1 Like

Hi @EmmaHill ,

Have a look at this.
This may help.

https://www.omnisecu.com/windows-2003/managing-files-and-folders/how-to-share-a-folder-on-a-remote-computer-using-shared-folders-snap-in.php

It’s showing how to setup a shared folder in remote machine, once you created the remote folder, you can map that folder to your local machine as a drive. And easily access like a local folder.

Hi

Welcome to uipath forum

If you have a shared drive folder in your Remote Desktop server try mapping that drive to your local machine

Then it would be very easy to copy and paste it
As you can now move just from your local machine itself with MOVE FILE or COPY FILE activity and it will automatically reflect in Remote Desktop as well

Cheers @EmmaHill

I was looking for an answer to this question recently, too. Researching information on the Internet I found this article: How To Transfer Files Over Remote Desktop (All You Need To Know). There are step-by-step instructions. If you find more options, please share.