Remote debugging: Remote Machine: Waiting for available robots | The operation has timed out

Hi,
when I try to run remote debugging (studio 22.4.3, botclient 22.4.4), I get this:

22.4.3+Branch.master.Sha.926b4e643842c0bd04601053628fabcad850b6c3

The operation has timed out.

RemoteException wrapping System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out.
at UiPath.Executor.Debugger.Client.Utils.TaskExtensions.WaitWithTimeoutAsync[TResult](Task`1 task, Int32 timeoutInMillisecond, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Execution.Signalr.Services.SignalrExecutorProxy.ConnectAsync(String serverUrl, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Execution.Signalr.Services.SignalrExecutorProxy.StartAsync(ExecutionStartOptionsSlim startOptions)

My remote debugging config looks like that:

In Studio it looks like that:

Any idea what’s going wrong?

Thanks.

@hohmann

Please check if you have done the prerequisites .If you have already done that did you get any errors while settingup?

Cheers

Hi Anil_G,

thank you for your immediate reply.

I think the prequisites for an unattended robot connection are met and that these of your screenshot are for remote machine connections.

I didn’t get any errors while setting up.

Hi @hohmann

Check the below steps once.

• Check that the Robot service is running on the remote machine. You can check the status of the service by going to the Services control panel on the remote machine, or by using the “Get Service Status” activity in UiPath.
  • Check that the Robot is registered with the Orchestrator. If the Robot is not registered, it will not be available for remote debugging.
  • Check the network connection between the local and remote machines. Make sure that the machines are on the same network and that there are no firewall or network configuration issues that could be blocking the connection.
  • Check the UiPath Remote Runtime logs for any errors or messages that may help to identify the cause of the issue. The logs can be found in the “%ProgramData%\UiPath\Logs” folder on the remote machine.

Regards,
Kaviyarasu N

Hi @Kaviyarasu_N ,

Check that the Robot service is running on the remote machine.

I think, the Robot service is running:

Check that the Robot is registered with the Orchestrator.

The bot is registered with the orchestrator…

…but: Maybe it’s necessary to fill in the machine key? Is it possible, that that’s the reason for the error?

Make sure that the machines are on the same network and that there are no firewall or network configuration issues that could be blocking the connection.

I think our it-department has to check that. I actually cannot ensure, if that’s the case.

The logs can be found in the “%ProgramData%\UiPath\Logs” folder on the remote machine.

I cannot found the logs at this place on the remote machine:

Thank you!

Hi @hohmann
You need connect UiPath assistant with machine key. After that try to do remote debugging it will work

Hallo @Kaviyarasu_N ,

my hint to the machine key was my fault: I did not knew, that one can see the machine key only if logged on os with administrator privileges. So the machine key was correct but not visible under user priviliges.

The reason for the error was, that the bot machine was of type “Standard” and not of type “Template”. A “Standard” bot can only run processes in the folder which it is assigned to - and that was a “Classic” and not a “Modern” folder. Because of remote debugging is only possible in modern folders, it did not work.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.