Regarding the structure

I am working on a project that has multiple folder that are used to read /write files inside them

I am concern is when i am deploying that on VM through Orchestrator then what all things i need to take care of

what path should i keep in for each activity as folder will have multiple files

also all folders are within the project folder

Hello @mint

• Whenever possible, use relative paths instead of absolute paths for your file operations.
  • Ensure that the VM environment is set up correctly with the necessary folders and permissions. Create the required folders on the VM, and make sure the robot user account has appropriate permissions to access and manipulate files in those folders.

@vinitha_yachamaneni all folders are within the project folder does that need any other access

@mint

No need of Giving Other access if,

1. Reading the files : Give the Relative Path (EX: \Data\Input)
  2. To Create any new files in the particular folder : You need to provide the Full Path
    (Ex : C:\Users\Admin\Documents\UiPath\RoboticEnterpriseFramework\Data\Input)

Hi,

When deploying a UiPath project that involves reading/writing files from multiple folders, especially when using Orchestrator and running on a Virtual Machine (VM), there are several considerations to take into account. :

1. File Paths and Relative Paths: It’s a good practice to use relative paths whenever possible. Relative paths are paths that are relative to the location of the workflow file. This allows for greater flexibility when deploying to different environments. You can use Path.Combine to create relative paths in your workflows.

2. Configurations: Store file paths and other configuration values in a configuration file (e.g., Excel, JSON, or Orchestrator Assets) rather than hardcoding them in your workflows. This makes it easier to change configurations without modifying the workflow.

3. Environment Variables: You can use Environment Variables in Orchestrator to store and manage configurations for different environments. This allows you to have different settings (e.g., file paths) for development, testing, and production environments.

4. Orchestrator Assets: If you’re using Orchestrator, consider storing configuration values as assets in Orchestrator. This allows you to centrally manage configuration settings and update them without modifying the workflow.

5. Ensure Consistent Directory Structure: Make sure that the folder structure on the VM matches the structure you have locally. If your workflow assumes a certain directory structure, ensure that it’s replicated on the VM.

6. Mapping Drives: If you’re working with network drives or shared folders, ensure that the VM has access to these drives and that the drives are mapped correctly.

7. Logging: Implement detailed logging in your workflows so that you can diagnose issues more easily when running on the VM.

8. Exception Handling: Implement robust exception handling in your workflows to gracefully handle any issues that may arise when reading/writing files.

9. Testing: Test your workflow thoroughly on the VM to ensure that all file paths and configurations are set up correctly.

10. Security Permissions: Ensure that the VM has the necessary permissions to access the folders and files it needs. This includes both read and write permissions.

11. Scheduled Execution: If you’re using Orchestrator to schedule the execution of your workflows, make sure that the schedules are set up correctly, and the VM is available during the scheduled times.

12. Version Control: Use version control for your UiPath project to manage changes and track different versions of your workflows.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.