REFramework retry mechanism when not using Orchestrator queue

Hi,
I’m using REFramework for a project but it will not use Orchestrator queue. My question is do I need to change something in the framework to implement the retry mechanism? I tried running the code and throw a system exception to test the retry but it did not do it. So I tried tracing the code but could not see any part where the retry is implemented. I also assumed it would be using the RetryNumber variable but I can’t see anywhere it’s used. Do I need to implement my own retry if not using Orchestrator queue?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @kaydine.santuyo,

You can use this snippet from UiPath Connect - Marketplace !

The retry count will be controlled by the value you provide in the ‘Constants’ Sheet in the Config File.

Regards,
Nithin

1 Like

Hi @kaydine.santuyo

For using REFramework without Orchestrator queue, usually you need to adjust at least below three workflow from original code.
1.GetTransactionData: Change codes about getting transaction item, usually by TransactionNumber
2.SetTransactionStatus: Delete codes that are relevant to queue
3.Main: Change TransactionItem’s variable type to what you want and update all of the related arguments’ type.

It’s not matter if you delete the queue setting items in config file,
To understand and flexibly use the REFramework is necessary to become an advanced UiPath developer, I hope my answer will be helpful for you.

1 Like

Hi @wusiyangjia, thanks a lot for your response. Since the get transaction data will be based on the transaction number, does it mean the RetryNumber will not matter and will not be used (if the Orchestrator queue is not used)?

Hi @kaydine.santuyo

RetryNumber is for recording the retried times of one transaction, when the RetryNumber equals to the MaxRetryNumber which be set in config file, transactionnumber will add 1 to process next transactionitem without continuing retry same transaction.
I suggest you to understand SetTransactionStatus.xaml in detail. actually in contrast of your question, the RetryNumber is not be used if the queue is used, because queue’s retrynumber is managed in Orchestrator.

1 Like