Read multiple PDF's with OCR (any engine)

im trying to create to read the text and image from multiple pdf’s by using OCR can any one help???

2 Likes

Hi
Welcome to uipath community

— as per the image
—We can directly use read pdf with ocr activity and we don’t need to open the pdf with start process
—then the output obtained from the read pdf is a string variable which can be written in a text file as you have done
You were almost done buddy
May I know what issue you were facing

Cheers @Myshudhage

2 Likes

thanks for the reply @Palaniyappan i have tried multiple time’s as i have no coding background i might have missed the logic i guess

im trying to extract the multiple pdf’s at tiime

2 Likes

Fine In that case
— use a assign activity and mention like this
Out_filepath = Directory.GetFiles(“yourfolderpath”,”*.pdf”)

Where Out_filepath is a variable of type string array
— now use a for each loop activity and pass the above variable as input change the type argument property as string in the property panel of for each loop
— inside the loop use read pdf with ocr and passbook the file path input as item the variable from for each loop which has the file name
— then get the output from the read pdf with ocr as a string variable and use write text file with file name being dynamic
Like this
“Yourfilenamewithoutextension”+Now.Tostring(“hh_MM”)+”.txt”

Hope this would help you
Cheers @Myshudhage

this is what i have assigned i hope i did as you have explained correct me if i’m wrong @Palaniyappan

can i have your email id so that i can share my main and what i have given in project that i have created @Palaniyappan :slight_smile:

1 Like

as i’m a new user to uipath i have not much credentials to add my source file that’s the reason i’m asking

@Palaniyappan

1 Like

yah sure
no worries
Kindly send all the sample pdf files as well
Cheers @Myshudhage

ya sure i’m just mailing now @Palaniyappan

hello @Palaniyappan

have you gone through my mail which i have forwarded yesterday
just wanted to know whats the solution for it

thanks in advance

2 Likes

Not yet buddy
sorry for that
will look into that shortly and get back to you
Cheers @Myshudhage

2 Likes

sure thing …
thank you :smiley:

cheers @Palaniyappan

hey @Palaniyappan its been a week regarding the issue i was been facing can i expect an update today

cheers @Palaniyappan