Read email through Microsoft office 365 activities

Hi,

I am trying to use Microsoft office 365 activities to read/send emails from UiPath environment and getting error as attached screenshots. Please provide any solutions are build against this activities and unable to find-out the parameter: ‘client_assertion’ or ‘client_secret’ to add this office365 scope.

Thanks,
KartheesanUipathoffice365Activities

2 Likes

@Kartheesan,

The thing you need to do before using the OFFICE 365 API is , you need to register a new appliction in the azure portal and then you will get the client secret and application ID. Using those, you can get the authentication bearer token. Then you will be able to call the API required with that bearer token :slight_smile:

Here is the useful link :

1 Like

Thanks Hareesh. I have already created/register the application and also passing Application ID property of " MS office365 scope and unable to find-out the any parameter: ‘client_assertion’ or ‘client_secret’ in the property panel. Do you any idea how to pass the client secret values in that office365 scope.

Thanks,
Kartheesan

You will get the client secret when you register the application @Kartheesan,
If you missed to copy it at the time of registration, then I think we don’t get it again I think :slight_smile:

yes hareesh, I have the client_secret and application ID values. Do you any idea how to pass the client secret values in that office365 scope(UiPath actvities).

You will have OAUth1 properties in the http request @Kartheesan

Try passing here

Thank you Hareesh. I also tried with HTTP request and able to read the email by using graph APIs.

Unable to send the email by using HTTP request(Graph API) and getting message format MIME type issues.(created separate discussion for that)

Regards,
Kartheesan

Yeah, I read the topic @Kartheesan

Close this topic :slight_smile:

Hey HareeshMR,

I’m also getting this issue and am wondering which field the client_secret should be set to?

Cheers,

Sam

1 Like

Heyy @Spamish

When you register a new application in the portal azure, it will give you all the client id, client secret id, end point URL and everything you need

Hey Spamish. I am having the same problem. To get the client secret you do what @HareeshMR suggested and register your application in Azure. For inserting the secret into the scope you need to use the HTTP request activity which you get from installing the UiPath Web package. If you can get this working. Maybe you can help me too. I have struggling to use this component for two weeks now.

2 Likes

Try to use “Interactive Token” for first time and then you can change to UsernamneAndPassword. Hope first time you need to give permission to access emailbox by using InteractiveToken authentication type.

Thanks,
Kartheesan

Hi,

I’m getting the below error while get mail form my Office365 account,

Hi,

Did you try to fill the properties of MS Office 365 scope and let me know if any queries.

Thanks,
Kartheesan

@Kartheesan Yeah, I have filled thoes details.

Yes thanks. Can you try to remove Office 365 packages from uiPath and try to install again for this.

For those still have issues.

note the redirect uri in the picture and described in the doco. https://docs.uipath.com/integrations/docs/microsoft-office-365-setup#section-1-register-your-application

1 Like

Try this also. working fine.

Thanks,
Kartheesan

Hi,

I am trying to use Microsoft office 365 activities to send emails.
I did register a new application on the azure portal, i have the application id and client secret.
But i am getting this error " unable to find-out the parameter: ‘client_assertion’ or ‘client_secret’ "

Where should i exactly put the client secret ?

Thanks

Hi Kartheesan. How did you get the HTTp Request working for the office 365 component. Can you please help, I have been struggling with this for a while. If possible can you send some screenshots or your workflow?