I’m not the most exprerienced but here are my 2cts with some arguments. Please note I’ll try the Background Process and Global Handler next month as I won’t mess with “core” approach in the middle of projects:
I create my Queues from Orchestrator:
- OrchestratorQueueName is dependant from its exectution’s environment
- Process is executed in the environment it is told to
- I deal with environments from Orchestrator
- I manage my Queues from Orchestrator (Privilge, triggers, etc.)
I use a dispatcher for all process using OrchestratorQueue.
- Allows distribution, planning, etc.
I use REF even when no OrchestratorQueue involved
BUT You might consider background process
- I switch from OrchestratorQueue/QueueItem to DataTable/DatarRow as instructed in documentation folder of your REF project .
I do use the REF for dispatchers, set tests, reports, logs, etc
- S***t happen
BUT you might consider background process
- All members of the team are very familiar with the REF
- REF actually handles many issues
- As I don’t have to spend time on boilerplate I can focus more on the actual process