Queue item wildcard

Hey guys,

so i’ve got a queue in orchestrator with specific references. There are 3 parts to the project, part 1,2 and 3. The references are a number sequence followed by either “a” or “b” and are set in process 1 for use in either process 2 or 3.

767673:4433 a
874433-3423 b
234873-3222 a
etc

Depending on wether the reference ends with aor b, the item goes into different processes; references ending in “a” goes to process 2, "b to process 3.

However, in process 2 and 3, i want the get queue item based only on the “a” or “b”. I basically want the get queue item reference to ignore the first sequence of numbers and only look for items ending with “a”(or “b” for process 3…

Tried using an asterisk instead of the numbers followed by “a” (in the reference field of the get queue item action). Doesnt work. Any other ideas of how to do this, if possible?

thanks! tom.

Hi @thomasb82

Seems easy enough, after you get the specific item match it with Regex (Matches) and see whether you get ‘a’ or ‘b’ for the Reference column and decide on which process you want to assign it to.

1. Get specific item. (Get queue item or transaction item - however your design requires you to)
  2. RegEx.Matches (Gives IEnum if there is a match)
  3. If - Contains a - Process 3
    Contains b - Process 2
  4. Trigger the Workflow/process by either using Orchestration process or
  5. Have a combined Main (xaml workflow) with both processes (build the framework as such) and have a conditional split.
  6. Repeat.

@thomasb82
Maybe you combine Get Queue Items

and combine it with Get Transaction Item

The Idea behind is to get control on which item to work with:

• retrieve a list of available queue items (do some prefiltering e.g. on status etc)
  • analyse an item in advance without changing its status into in progress
  • and retrieve the particular item with get transaction item and filtered to the detailed reference name

with this approach you maybe endswith function will do a good job for you

The suggetions from @Raghavendraprasad will help you as well for the more detailed flow implementation

How about creating two separate queues?
One for items “* a” and second for items “* b”

Cheers

thanks for all the answers, will play around a little with the solutions…