Putty Terminal with UiPath

HI All,

I am running an application through roll & scroll on Putty terminal. I wanted to automate the Putty terminal session with UiPath. For the same, I download UiPath Terminal activities package and provided the IP/port of the server. But, I am open Putty window and getting below errors. Can you please help to run the putty terminal session and perform the operations through roll & scroll:
18.4.0+Branch.master.Sha.b805b316b1c47ae06c0fe7e619b9c9f96e9e774c

Source: Terminal Session

Message: There was an error connecting to terminal. Error code: Error

Exception Type: System.Exception

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.Exception: There was an error connecting to terminal. Error code: Error
at UiPath.Terminal.Activities.TerminalSession.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Terminal.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

@Rammohan91 any luck with Putty terminal automation?

Nope. In our case we were trying to connect to a telnet server and were getting a similar error. We tried to reach UiPath Support and we were told that Terminal Session activities were meant for mainframes only and not for telnet. Recommended us to use the below alternatives:

1. Automating Putty itself using UI Automation.
  2. You may opt SSH to connect to Unix and use this: https://go.uipath.com/component/connection-to-ssh-server

We finally ended up in doing automation on putty itself, instead of using any terminal or ssh activities.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

3 Likes

@Rammohan91, Is there any detail documentation on it? Connection to SSH is a very short detail.

Nothing I am aware of. You can post your question if you need something specific.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

can you post your xaml file for reference ?

Nope. It’s confidential. Are you looking for anything specific?

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

Its ok i have solved it by logging the data into notepad and using the string manipulation on it to extract the required data . Thanks !

@vvaidya

Hi, i used putty, with “delays”, “matches”, “set to clipboard”, “get visible text” and “send hotkey”.

Hope this helps you!

hi @Rammohan91
i am new to uipath and using ite community edition
i am also trying to automate putty
but don’t know how to do it
can you please tel me how it can be done.
thanks.

@himalaya1

Try with “delays”, “matches”, “set to clipboard”, “get visible text” and “send hotkey”.

Hope this helps you!

1 Like

hi @mz3bel thanks for your help.
i figured it out.

1 Like

Hey,
Am also working on putty terminal with Uipath. Could you please help me regarding the commands?
Which activity is to be used for giving any UNIX command in Putty using UiPath ?

hi @sakshib you can use “open application” and “type into activity” of uipath .
which would work for you.

i have used type into but its throwing error. Could you help me through this ?

hi @sakshib can you post screenshots of your workflow and error.

Hey,

If you could help me through this, will be very helpful.
I need to scrap some data from a .txt file on putty and have to write that data in excel sheet.

Could you suggest, how it could be done ?