Can Uipath work with putty?

Can anyone please tell me how to work with putty terminal in uipath?
Is there any activity ?

you can use UiPathTeam.SSHConnector.Activities

can you please upload one example ?

i would prefer that you would give it a try first so you can learn from it;)

• setup the connection
  • run a command
  • and catch the output.

from there on it totally depends on what you want to do. If you run into problems we can help you out ofcourse. you have to learn from it how to search for activities and how to use them.

2 Likes

@amangupta4644 In putty we can use hotkeys to move around and work with it. That is another way of working on it, if you find the above package what @jvanmarion mentioned difficult to use.

1 Like

could you please let me know the mandatory parameters in the activity ssh connect scope?

okay I will give this a try

1 Like

@amangupta4644
mandatory fields:

• Host (string)
  • Password (needs to be secure string type)
  • Port (int)
  • Timeout (you can set it to 00:00:30 for example
  • username (string)
1 Like

thanks @jvanmarion

Have you done the Putty Automation?

Hi,
i haven’t used it much. Are you searching for something particular?

Hi,

Yes, I am trying to connect to a Linux server through Putty application, UiAutomation is not feasible here. So need helping on how to connect to server, sending a command and receiving response.

I tried to use the above package but I could not able to figure out the connection scope properties(Our IT team also could not provide me these details) so I am stuck here, can you guide me on how to resolve this?

Regards,
Vinay B

The activity does still work in Legacy mode, but not in windows mode. Legacy will be phased out in the Next enterprise release, so it might not be what you are looking for.

Im running CE version 2022.12.0. If you still want to try the legacy setup.

• Create a new process. Save it, close it and exit UiPath Studio.
  • Open the location where you saved the process.
  • Open the project.json file.
  • Change this:
  "targetFramework": "Windows"

to

"targetFramework": "Legacy"
  • Save the file.

• Download the UipathTeam.SSHConnector.Activities to your computer. Place it in your Local packages folder. For example mine is located at C:\Users\jvanmarion\AppData\Local\Programs\UiPath\Studio\Packages

• Now open the Main.xaml again and go to “Manage packages”

• Select local and search for “ssh”. The UipathTeam.SSHConnector.Activities should be there. * You should be able to install it and use the activity

If you need more assistance or a simple example file just let me know.
But be aware it is legacy and will be phased out. I haven’t found an activity yet for in a windows project.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the response. For now, I am using it only for legacy, i will try to change it to windows. But I am facing an issue of SSH Run shell command … Can you help me resolve this issue. The response contains ANSI characters which is causing the shell expected prompt to fail.

TIA