Process as a Web service

I am very new to UiPath. Please bare with my basic question.

Can we expose a automation Process as a Web service ? and later I want to consume this web service in some other applications. I have seen this feature in Blue Prism.

Thanks.

Hi @nawin,

Hope this could help you, Take a look through this link

https://orchestrator.uipath.com/v2017.1/reference,

Regards,
Susana

Thanks Susana for your reply.

The link tells about the UiPath Web api which can be used to manage the environment level attributes.

My question is related to an individual process. For example I have a process which opens a notepad, I want to expose my process as a web service then call the service (url) in a .Net or some other application which should execute the process.

Is this possible in Ui Path ?

thanks

Did you figure out how to do it by UiPath. I also have the same problem. however I don’t see anyone can clearly answer this question and most of them are pointing to environment level attribute. Or just reference to Orchestrator api.

Figured out .

Can you share with me how you do it?

Hi @dwshowtime, A single process cannot be directly exposed as a web service in uipath. But Orchestrator functionalities such as starting a Job (starting a Uipath process), adding queues , adding assets can be done by means of Orchestrator API. As the interest here is with respect to process, we can consume the REST api of Uipath orchestrator in an external environment to start an Uipath process in a desired configured machine. referring to the link above, I have created a basic document for this use case. Let me know if that could be useful for you, post which I shall upload

@dwshowtime - Not sure you were able to accomplish this. Thought of sharing the blog I came across. Didn’t try though. UiPath(RPA): UiPath Robot API - Robot as a REST Web Service---UiPath(RPA)

Hi @Deebiga,

Could you please share the document you have created? My requirement is exactly what you have achieved.

HI @deebiga my requirement is some what same. In my case i need to export the excel files from some client website and the same files need to be uploaded into another website.
And this has to be done using a web service concept in uipath. Here lot of GUI automation steps involved are to be eliminated because of some website constraints.
Any inputs on this will be very helpful for me in my development.