Present Data back as Default to Multi-Select Drop Down Control

Hi there,

I am wondering if it is possible to present Default information in the multi-select drop down as it is with all other controls?

I have a form which pre-populates/presents data back to a user which they have already entered. The idea is that the user can then edit their previously entered information and resubmit the form.

This is the approach I have taken -

Text Box Approach where Variable “Edit_EmailAddress1” is returned from a dataservice entity by a process. (This is working as desired).

Multi Select Drop Down Control where Variable “Out.BackingDataFieldsList” is a List returned from dataservice entity by a process e.g. [“Site”, “Modality”, “Name”]. (This approach is not working as desired.)

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Roseagh

@evan.cohen
Hi, Could you take a look at it?

@evan.cohen @Pablito Hi just wondering if there has been any update with this? Thanks :slight_smile:

@roseagh.terrinshutchinson great question, what you’re trying to do here makes total sense! We didn’t quite manage to ship everything with the initial release of multi-select, but what you’re trying to accomplish here should be possible. This should be coming in the next release in ~2 weeks, but I’ll double check with the team to make sure we’re not missing anything here.

Thanks for using Apps! If you’re feeling inspired we’d love to hear your feedback: 🗣 Your feedback on UiPath Apps can earn you a certification voucher - ends March 9

Hi @evan.cohen @Pablito Just checking if this functionality is now possible and how I should approach it? Thanks

Hi @evan.cohen Do you know if this is possible yet?

Hey @evan.cohen was just wondering if this was indeed implemented and if so, how it works?

As Roseagh highlighted, our multiselect dd has possible values say, “val1”, “val2”, “val3” and so on.

When these are selected and saved, the app outputs its data in the format [“val1”,“val3”] and we save that.

Now, when we want to load this data again into the app, if we set the Default Selected Values field to the variable that stores the data in this format (i.e. [“val1”,“val3”]) it is currently not presenting these values as selected.

Am I missing something?

Andy