Pre-RPA: Copy-paste data in forms?

Hi, I’m new to RPA (just got some training a couple of weeks ago). We are trying to introduce RPA in our company (UIPath) and we currently have 3 bots running.

A new bot is in the PDD stage but I’m still stuck with the current business process.

Around 100 different persons (designers and engineers) provide an excel file (via mail) to our secretaries who create purchase orders (PO) in SAP for them.

These emails can contain attachments that need to be added to the PO. After the creation of the PO, an email is sent towards the requester with the PO number.

The sending of an excel file via mail (with attachments) doesn’t look like great practice for an RPA (I think?).

Therefore my idea was to make some sort of form so that we can validate the input and link the attachments.

1 Like

Excel input via email may not be one of the best practices, but it is not a bad practice, in my opinion.
To make it work efficiently, you need to pass on a finalized template to all the users so that all of them follow the same standard template to request for service from the bot. Also once the bot receives the inputs, you may validate some key entities to check if the given input file would run into any issues or not - like file format (xls vs xlsx, mandatory columns, date formats, etc)

Are these 100 different persons sent different format of excel ?

If they are having a lot of format Its hard to create a process , but it is doable,Just like the thougts of @kaderms you need to create a template whereas all the users will fill up the template.In that case it is easy for you now to create a process!

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

Hi, I’m new to RPA (just got some training a couple of weeks ago). We are trying to introduce RPA in our company (UIPath) and we currently have 3 bots running.

A new bot is in the PDD stage but I’m still stuck with the current business process.

Around 100 different persons (designers and engineers) provide an excel file (via mail) to our secretaries who create purchase orders (PO) in SAP for them.

These emails can contain attachments that need to be added to the PO. After the creation of the PO, an email is sent towards the requester with the PO number.

issue solved!

a lot of format Its hard to create a process , but it is doable,Just like the thougts of @kaderms you need to create a template whereas all the users will fill up the template.In that case it is easy for you now to create a process! https://sarkariresult.onl/ Mobdro

thankyou!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.