Please upgrade invoke code activity

Please upgrade invoke code activity. We are writing complex processes and in dire need for invoke code activity because of creating more readable code for classic programmers.
For example, the invoke code window can not be maximized :frowning:
Add minimize and maximize functions, debugging line options, etc.
Invoke code also starts lagging massivly after some time.

Thank you

1 Like

Although UiPath is putting much effort in the ā€œlow codeā€ direction I also believe an improvement of ā€œInvoke Codeā€ activity would be highly appreciated by advanced UiPath users.

As minimum it should include:

• maximize invoke code window
  • remember invoke code window size

Cheers

2 Likes

Also, ā€œInvoke Codeā€ activity slows down the page it is added to. (Not runtime, but during design-navigate)

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion. I added it to our internal ideas tracker for our team to consider.

Pawel, Has any progress been made towards this idea?

1 Like

Hi, @Pablito has there been any progress on improving the invoke code activity? I really think a debug capability would be the best addition

Yeah, there is zero need for Invoke Code now. It should be considered legacy.

Coded Workflows are the thing now.

I see. What do you mean by coded workflows in UiPath Studio? Can you please give me an example? Thanks

Do a search on the forum, there are plenty of annoucements and discussions on them.

2 Likes

It looks awesome! Does it come with debugging capabilities? Because the normal Invoke Code one does not unfortunately.

Yup, you can add break points and step through line by line.

If I recall if an error occurs in it it wonā€™t stop on that line (yet), instead bubbling up to the invoke, but with breakpoints its easy to debug and much much much better than Invoke Code.

1 Like