Path too long related to the log path

When I do run a bot in studio and have to save a log in the log path I get the message at the botton that path is too long - I have tried all the solutions suggested - change the group policy and the registry etc…
I am working on a windows 11 machine - if i got back to a windows 10 i don’t have
this issue. My current issue is that the user I am working on a VPN is only on the machine with windows 11 …so I can not use the windows 10.

I have even changed the log path but not success!!! Any suggestions!?

Error: LibGit2Sharp.LibGit2SharpException: path too long: ‘C:/Users/0J5166897/AppData/Local/IsolatedStorage/w1bc0ndk.25l/bu0skm22.dff/Publisher.krou0uwdhkkpx3fixigpmtztcu3o0mwz/Publisher.ofmdlpmxnmd3a2s53qcmor4pmicj0gil/Files/LaunchDarkly_955te8LzE864UxeZ7R1rl0QDyC62LSlsIEeTSyfmdDs=/flags_XfxrIbqZAYlWl2MolTygyWJ4SbMDLfBk-vV0TcoHkBg=’
at LibGit2Sharp.Core.Ensure.HandleError(Int32 result)
at LibGit2Sharp.Core.Proxy.git_status_list_new(RepositoryHandle repo, GitStatusOptions options)
at LibGit2Sharp.RepositoryStatus…ctor(Repository repo, StatusOptions options)
at LibGit2Sharp.Repository.RetrieveStatus(StatusOptions options)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.RepositoryStatusService.RetrieveStatus(String repositoryPath, StatusOptions options, Action2 sandboxedAction) at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.ItemStatusService.UpdateCache(String workingDirectory, String path, IGetStatusOptions options) at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.ItemStatusService.GetItemStatusCore(String workingDirectory, String path, IGetStatusOptions options) at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.ItemStatusService.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<GetItemStatusAsync>b__0() at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.GitSession.<>c__DisplayClass19_01.b__2(IRepository _)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.GitSession.ExecuteInternal[TResult](Func2 action, Func1 repoFactory)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.GitSession.<>c__DisplayClass19_01.<ExecuteAsync>b__1() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task1.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
— End of stack trace from previous location —
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.GitSession.SafeExecuteAsync[TResult](Func1 action) at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.GitSession.ExecuteAsync[TResult](Func1 action)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.ItemStatusService.GetItemStatusAsync(IGitSession session, String path, IGetStatusOptions options)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.GitSourceControl.GetItemStatusAsync(String path, Boolean refreshCache)
at UiPath.Studio.SourceControl.Shared.Services.UI.BaseSourceControlUi1.RefreshBadgesAsync() at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SourceControl.SourceControlService.RefreshBadgesCore(IReadOnlyCollection1 paths, OperationType operationType)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SourceControl.SourceControlService.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.<<DocumentService_DocumentModified>b__0>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shared.MVVM.Services.DispatcherService.<>c__DisplayClass18_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.b__128_0(Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233088

@juana.m.gomez

Welcome to the community

Did you try having your log path as some local C:\Bots or something

cheers

the origina was in the Nlog.config pointing here C:\Users\ID\AppData\Local\UiPath\Logs
I did change it to C:\uipathlogs

it did not take it…but still even if i change it the name is over the 260 or the length that is allow and even i did the changes to the registry and group policy on windows 11 it is not taking it.

1 Like