Path too long.( error while running a process or project in studio)

i have installed UiPath long ago on windows 11 machine and i have a break from automation for some days and when i got back and tried to run a previous projects or process. the execution was ended with a error message below.

i thought i should see log files and i found some error messaes in them. i don’t know what excatly they mean but i can see “error” text.
please have a look

i have changed environmental system paths for other software purposes and added them later. i thought this might be a configuration issue and i reinstalled the studio. still i am facing this issuse. Have a look at my system environmental variables.

user varialbes

The error message is popping up even the process contain single log activity.
please help me out. i have gone through similar questions in forum but no use i can’t figure it out. Thanks in advance.

Hello, You can follow the below link to resolve the issue
c# - Best way to resolve file path too long exception - Stack Overflow

sir, thank you for your reply. but the link mentioned by you is not related, seems so. i am a beginner and i can’t figure it out. please come up with detailed explaination sir. i literally can execute any project on my studio.

Hello,

1. Press Windows+R
  2. Enter regedit
  3. Go to the Path (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem)
  4. Search for LongPathsEnabled
  5. Right Click and then click on modify.
  6. Set the value to 1
  7. Close the Window and restart your machine

Once machine is restarted, perform below steps

1. Search for gpedit.msc in windows search
  2. Got to the path : Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Filesystem
  3. Double click on Win32 long Paths and select Enabled option
  4. Save and close the window

@Dilip_Wakdikar_1996 sir, thank you. can you tell me what excatly the problem is and why those steps are used for

Hello Sir,
The path you are providing is probably more than 260 characters and therefore it is throwing an error, if you allow the long path this issue might be resolved

Regards,
Dilip Wakdikar

Thank you sir. hope every beginner need a mentor like you

i performed the steps and the issue keeps showing up to me. i did it 3 times now and it wouldnt work and it still shows path too long error

Have your tried long path tool? I think it can solve your problem as it can easily handle bulk of files.