Password management in SAP Application scope

Hi guys,

I am running a BAPI using a SAP Application Scope, and would like to authenticate with user and password.

I am holding the user&password in a Credential asset, I am retrieving the password as a secure string and I have entered it in the Properties panel of the SAPApplicationScope activity. All good until now.
But If I leave the password field blank in the SAP Application Scope popup window for testing the connection I get the login incomplete error message, and I could not figure out a way to enter the secure string variable there as well.

Has anybody done this in a real-life scenario, or does somebody know how this designed to be used, when not hard-coding the password ?

Thank you in advance,
Gabi.

Hi Gabi,

The password in the Configure popup of the SAP Application Scope is not saved in the workflow (for security reasons). It will need to be entered each time you want to configure a new Invoke SAP BAPI activity, similar to how you would in SAP GUI. Note that the connection information in the Configure dialog is only used for design-time in UiPath Studio, it is not needed by the Robot when executing. During execution, the connection information from the properties pane is used.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Bhushan

Hi Bhushan,

Thank you for your reply. I have read this also in the help page of this activity, but I think I do not fully understand it: " the connection information in the Configure dialog is only used for design-time in UiPath Studio, it is not needed by the Robot when executing. "

I tried to remove all data in the Configure dialogue and leave all the variables in the Properties pane, and I got an error when running the process from the Studio.

Are you saying that if I try to run the process with the Configure dialogue empty from Orchestrator, it should work ?

Thank you,
Gabi.

Hi Gabi,

Yes, that is correct. You should be able to execute the application scope activity without having to configure the Configure dialog. However, in order to Configure a Invoke SAP BAPI activity within the dialog, you will need to first Configure the scope in the popup.

What error are you receiving?

Regards,
Bhushan

1 Like

Hi Bhushan,

You are right!

I have tested right now, after making all settings in both Configure dialogue and the Properties panel and making sure the process works, I actually deleted all the values in the Configure dialogue, and the process still worked successfully both from Studio and from Orchestrator. Actually I am not sure what was wrong yesterday, I think I was missing the AppServer in the Properties panel, and that caused the error.

Thank you !
Gabi.

1 Like

Hi Gabi,

Great! Good luck with the rest of your process.

Regards,
Bhushan

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.