Overwrite a transaction item

Hello, I would like to know if once a transaction is created in the queue like the one in the image, I can later modify any of the data, such as the first or last name, throughout the flow. Or would I have to create a new queue / transaction?

1 Like

@Alexander_Rodriguez,

If you are using Enterprise version of Orchestrator and have access to the database, then you can use Studio with database activity to directly modify a row in the QueueItem table.

Else, for traceability it is better to create a new item with the same Reference in the same queue or in a different queue.

1 Like

Hi @Alexander_Rodriguez
If you are using Community edition, we have to say it, no you cannot do it, the only way is providing another correct data into a queue

if you using On-prem, yes you can,
But first of all, if you have a facility or option to send the correct data again (as a new queue item), just do it because we never recommended editing data form the queue item in the Orchestrator database and make sure that if you are well-known about the table data and references.

here as below you can find the relevant data by executing qurey

SELECT *
FROM [Your_Orchestrator_DB_NAME].[dbo].[QueueItems]
Where [Your_Orchestrator_DB_NAME].[dbo].[Key] = ‘XXXX-XXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX’

‘XXXX-XXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX’: this is a reference to the Transaction key that you can find in each queue item details same as your image top key (bed9b…)

in that case, make sure if you don’t have done any retries on orchestrator, if did you will see several records instead of one

Update
[Your_Orchestrator_DB_NAME].[dbo].[QueueItems]
Set SpecificData = ‘{“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA”}’
where [Your_Orchestrator_DB_NAME].[dbo].[QueueItems].[Key] = ‘XXXX-XXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX’

‘{“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA”}’ : this is the point you have to edit the data

First, select the data and copy the entire data in the SpecificData field to somewhere
and edit with your correct data and execute update query with the correct data set

Once again I’m telling you that ,we are recommended to do this with help of proper DB admin

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.