Outlook does not recognize one or more names. Failed sending via outlook activity

I got the below error running my bot.

If I set my send mail activity to draft, the process does not failed. It only failed when is not set to draft and direct send via my outlook account.

  • Info: Outlook does not recognize one or more names.

RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Outlook does not recognize one or more names.
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.SendMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)


Looks like you are using some wrong recipients or may be tagging them…

Checking that may help.


Check this and try:
The operation failed error when you send email messages in Outlook - Outlook | Microsoft Docs

Are you using - SentOnBehalfOfName?

Recipients are correct. I manage to send all the email out from my draft folder one by one.

But after i uncheck the draft in the activity, will encounter the error

1 Like

No. I’m using the outlook profile to send out the email

Not the error msg that I posted.

can you tell us on how the last recipient was added and if e.g. a semicolon (:wink: is closing the list or not. Also check and remove any spaces within the list

The bot store the list of recipients in datatable.
there’s activity to read through the datatable and send each recipient an email.

I realize the error occurs where recipient email in this format:

But when i set it to draft mode and send the email from outlook, there’s no problem in sending.

The bot had sent out email of similar format prior to the failure before.

Not sure if this will help, but I had the same error message. The automation saved the draft successfully, but it would not send. My automation was getting a list of email addresses from another Outlook message. I found that Outlook was appending information to each email address - in my case, it was presence at a Teams meeting. For instance, [first.last@url.com] became [first.last@url.com, presence unknown]. Outlook doesn’t like that format.

To solve this, I outputted the email addresses to the Project Notebook scratchpad, then I used Excel find/replace to remove the appended data (I did find/replace ,*), then I copied the column with the cleaned email addresses, chose Paste from Clipboard in the To field of the Send email activity, and the automation ran successfully.

Perhaps inspect the data that is appearing in your datatable and ensure it is what you expect.

I resolved the issue by adding action to do while loop to check on the mail to: list before sending.
It might seems to be issue in time lag to get outlook mail content to populate as new email to send out.

1 Like

faced the same error