Orchestrator Stopping

Every time I try to access the Orchestrator website the Orchestrator Application Pool in IIS stops. I checked the logs and there is nothing to tell me why. From what I can tell the database looks fine.

The service account that the Orchestrator uses was given Admin rights when the software was installed. Those rights were reduced to user after installation. Does this account need admin or some other elevated rights?

A security patch was installed and the server was restarted. I am not sure if the issue is with the service account rights, the security patch or something else.

A checked for a Repair option on the installer and did not find one.

Additional information: I found a message"Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) encountered a failure when it started a worker process to serve the application pool." but nothing describing the cause of the failure.

I remember having these same issues, but it has been so long since I have troubleshot the IIS pools so I couldn’t tell what is wrong. Typical Orchestrator install issues involve access to the database server (like credentials) or something in the Web.config is wrong.

If you haven’t already, I would suggest using technical support for this, unless you can find an answer on the forums. Contact Technical Support

Also, here are some troubleshooting steps, in case they apply: The underlying provider failed on Open / Orchestrator server is down - Troubleshoot steps

Regards.

1 Like

Orchestrator Application Pool in IIS stops - One would face such issue when the application pool account is not rightly configured.
Please reconfigure the application pool account once again. You will find the steps in the link shared by Clayton.

The service account used for Orchestrator did not have the property to not expire the password set. The password expired which caused the error. Resetting the password and setting the property corrected the issue.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the solution, hope the same information help others

1 Like