Orchestrator migration - on prem vs cloud

Hello everyone,

a question regarding migration from orchestrator on premise to orchestrator cloud.

The migration will be done through the tool described in the uipath guides, the question is about licensing.

Do the licenses need to be moved? In what way? I don’t want that once all the robots are moved I will continue to have the licenses in orchestrator prem and not in the cloud.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi @maxena2872,

If you own the ‘Flex Plan’ licenses (which allows you run run any UiPath Product On-Prem or On-Cloud as required), then you can get in touch with UiPath Support & they should help you move the licenses. However, if you are on the ‘On-Premises Plan’ you will have to move to ‘On-Cloud Plan’ or ‘Flex Plan’ first, for this you will have to get in touch with your UiPath Sales contact as the license model & costs are different for various plans.

I recommend you first get the required licenses setup in your Automation Cloud Account before starting the migration.

Reference for UiPath Licensing Model: https://licensing.uipath.com/

Hope that helps !

Regards,
Nithin

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the information.

Is there a way to see, through orchestrator on premises, the type of license(flex, cloud, on-prem) and if so, from where?

Alternatively, how can I find out this information?

Thank you

Hi @maxena2872,

When you purchase license/renew existing licenses. UiPath shares a License Certificate. This should have the details. However, Since you are on-prem I believe you have the on-prem license (Flex plan type is fairly new).

You can always reach out to UiPath Support by submitting this form. They will help you with the required info.

Hope that helps !

Regards,
Nithin

1 Like

I agree with you, most likely the license is on-prem since it was activated a year ago.

In that regard, I have two paths:

1. I already have the licenses active in the target cloud orchestrator.
  2. The licenses in the cloud orchestrator will be activated when the on-prem licenses expire. At that point, can I already migrate via migration tool and in the meantime continue to run the robots on orchestrator on-prem until the licenses expire or, as I read in the guide, the robots are not migrated if there are no licenses available on orchestrator cloud, so the activity will be postponed?

Thanks in advance

Hi @maxena2872,

Availability of licenses shouldn’t hamper most parts the migration (Assets, Packages, Processes, Queues .etc) in anyway (Except for Robots, Robots will be created on the Cloud only if License for the same is available on the cloud). You can continue to run the processes on On-Prem Orchestrator until the license expires and when Robot Licenses are available on the cloud you can just create the robots manually/migrate it with the tool.

Hope that helps !

Regards,
Nithin