Hello @richa.khatri92, apologies for the late reply.
I can see from the screenshot you sent that no license is being used.
IF you’re still experiencing the issue here are some steps I would like you to try:
NOTE: Make sure that the robot application is running/opened in your computer before doing these steps.
- Make sure that the robot application is running then check that same page in your screenshot (tenant licensing) again, and see if no license is being used.
IF there are still no licenses being used then do the following:
- Make sure that you were able to provision a robot in your Orchestrator and assigned a license to it.
- To check this: Orchestrator’s Tenant Page > Management Tab > Robot
- Here’s how it looks:
- As you can see there are currently 2 robots provisioned in this Orchestrator instance.
- Make sure that your robot has also been provisioned here and has a license type and is available.
IF a robot has been provisioned and has a license then please check the following:
- Go to the license page of your tenant again.
- Validate if the Machine license is just not activated.
- You can do this by clicking the “See More” option in the license which you assigned to the machine during creation.
- Meaning that if you saw in the robots page that you provisioned an unattended license to your robot then click the "See More option of your Unattended runtime license.
- Clicking the “See More” option would bring you to this page:
- You should be able to see your machine name there, then check if it’s simply not activated. You can click/toggle the “switch” below the “Active” tag to activate the license for that machine.
Try giving these steps a and tell me how it goes.
Stay safe & healthy!