Orchestrator: How to Switch from Free Plan to Community Plan?

As an early christmas surprise from UiPath I found that there were some quite major changes in licensing model made that were not very clearly announced.

If you wish to create new account in UiPath Cloud in past, you would go to https://cloud.uipath.com and hit Sign Up
Then the next screens would guide you through the registration and you would land with a Community Plan of Orchestrator that can be used for evaluation/training/non-profit purposes etc.

But beware! there is a change! Now you will land on a page saying:

Suggesting you to register for 60 days trial (that can be requested from Cloud when you are using Community).

If you want to just register for Community use the small link on the left side that will bring you to a similarly looking page:

So what happened to me was, that I wanted to create a UiPath Cloud instance/organization with Community Plan. Instead, being blinded by a known routine, I ended up having 60 days trial. Hmm nice, I thought, why not, after 60 days, it will go back to Community and no big trouble.

But after 60 days, the instance switched to Free Plan. That was when I discovered this:

and then this:

And the article that the first error leads says:

Warning!

Even if UiPath does not enforce automatic license removal or deny access to the services due to the license excess usage to not create any inconveniences by disrupting your operations, you are required to adjust the license count within the limits of your organization’s license plan as soon as you are notified of overallocation.

Continuing to use the excess licenses constitutes a breach of the license agreement and may result in disruption of services if no action is taken within 14 days.

see Automation Cloud - License overallocation

So, the robots are still working, but there is a licensing problem now that I need to solve.

My two questions for the UiPath team here is:

1. How can I switch from Free Plan to Community Plan ?
  2. Why this major logic change wasn’t announced on Forum or if it was, where, I might just missed it.

Thank you, Roman

1 Like

Hi @Roman_hruska ,

The above scenario had happened to me as well, when my Enterprise Trial period ended and I was not able to use my robots nor my Studio. Then I checked on the license allocation and the Information mentioned in your screenshot was the same that was available. After understanding that I do not have enough licenses, I made the allocation count to 0, this led to all of my licenses and services not being available to me :laughing:.

Then checking on some documentation, I landed on to the below doc link which explained the situation that has happened :

I then have switched to the Pro Trial plan, which made the following licenses available to my tenant :

Even I do think this was not announced in Forum yet or maybe I was not able to search for this update in Forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Oho, I am happy I am not the only one having the same issue!

I found the exact same documentation part as you mentioned,
I went with another 60 days trial for now until there would be some better solution, or if not, I will be forced to do some workarounds (which I don’t want to).

Having the same issue. Did you manage to solve it? Cant contact support since license is free

I get a way to deal this situation:

1. menu: Admin → account&group->create a account as admin->cancel the admin rights of yourself
    2.leave the organization-> login again
    3.prompt create a new organization

then the license turn community!!

but it will erase the data,please make a backup!

3 Likes