Orchestrator and Robot query

Hello,
Greetings!
I have a quick question. In Orchestrator, while I use Virtual Machine in my main machine and try to type text in Notepad ie(In both VM and main Machion), "Should I install UiPath Studio in VM also??

The problem I’m facing is Uipath opens notepad and types things in the main machine where the studio is installed but in the virtual machine, it is not getting executed and shows the status as pending in Orchestrator.

In UiPath robot I have initialized only my main machine Name should I even add virtual machine name in Robot, If yes can someone please say how is it done

Thanks in advance!

@sujay.L_Iyengar
Two approach:

1. Install UiPath Studio inside VM. This will make the UiPath Robot run more reliable and faster.
  2. UiPath installed only at the Main Machine which host the VM, execute remote desktop to the VM, use the UiPath Citrix Automation.

@hermawan, Thanks for the reply. Can you please suggest me, In UiPath Academy Level 2 - Orchestrator 2018.3 Training Video 1 which is the method used?

this is the URL for it… UiPath Academy

Thanks

@sujay.L_Iyengar

Create this workflow in local machine, it will open a notepad and type “Hello world”.

• Publish this to your Orchestrator.
  • Create Process at the Orchestrator using the package you upload before and assign it to the proper robot environment (the robot inside the VM).
  • Properly configured Robot inside the VM will see the job and execute the job.

@hermawan Thanks let me try that…

@hermawan
I tried this but couldn’t make it type on VM.
below are the steps I did and found a few doubts please clarify if possible.
Steps which worked on the main machine.

1. Open Uipath studio, Open app, Type “hello world” in Do section.
  2. Login to demo.uipath.com.
  3. Created a machine (Main machine name “DESKTOP-Dxyz”) in a standard machine.
  4. Created a standard robot in the main machine name “DESKTOP-Dxyz” and Domine name was again the main machine name.
  5. Opened UiPath Robot, Orchestrator settings in which “Machine name couldn’t be changed and it is Main machine name DESKTOP-Dxyz”.
  6. Copied machine key and connected the robot.
  7. Published the project from Uipath studio.
  8. Added the job and run.
    It only Runs on the main machine.

Other try what I did to link VM to orchestrator

1. Open Uipath studio, Open app, Type “hello world” in Do section.
  2. Login to demo.uipath.com.
  3. Created a machine (Virtual machine name “vm_myps-dc”) in a standard machine.
  4. Created a standard robot in the VM name “vm_myps-dc” and Domine name was again the VM name.
  5. Opened UiPath Robot, Orchestrator settings in which “Machine name cant be changed and it is Main machine name DESKTOP-Dxyz”.
  6. Copied VM machine key and click connect. The robot did not connect.

How to connect VM to the Main machine I’m not understanding. Can you help me out on the same, please…!!!

HelloWorldOrchestrator.zip (10.0 KB)

• Open this Project and run the Robot. It will open a new Notepad session and type “Hello world”
  • After the workflow being successfully executed, Publish the package to the Orchestrator.
    Note : you will need to setup the Orchestrator and Robot properly to be able to Publish Package to Orchestrator

Please follow the step at Orchestrator Training (Advanced Developer Training) for proper Robot and Orchsetrator setup.