Oracle SQL Developer connection with UiPath

Hi Everyone, I’m unable to connect Oracle sql developer with UiPath. I have installed ODBC driver, please help me with further steps and connection string.

1 Like

Hi,

Please follow the below steps to auto generate connection string with Oracle SQL

1. Drag Execute Query activity from Activities panel.
  2. Click on Configure Connection
  3. Click on Connection Wizard
  4. Select Microsoft ODBC Data Source
  5. Select Use Connection String in line to Build
  6. Click on Build
  7. Check if your ODBC drive is available in Machine Data Source

Automatically your connection string is created in Connection Properties Box under Use Connection String. In between there would be a prompt for User Name and Password.
You can also test the connection after being created.

This is how I had created a connection string in my process. Try at your end too.

Regards,
Ashish

Thank you for the reply @Ashish32229,

I’m uploading two screenshots plz go through them. Bulk is the data source I created and while creating I didn’t gave any username and password, so what I need to do

2 image shows Login Id and password to be entered?

Please enter and move ahead… else you can enter the same in Connection Properties… Login Information…

I have tried with database username, password and my system username, password. But it’s not working.

Hi,

Is your ODBC Data Source added correctly…

Please check the same in ODBC Data Source Administrator from Start Menu…

Test data source is not succeeded.test

Please add your ODBC driver correctly and then try as it should work with above steps…

Ok Ashish. Thank you so much

Hello,
Please let me know if you’re able to do the connection?

Hi Ashish,

I am trying to connect my Oracle SQL Developer with Ui Path.
I followed all the steps mentioned until step 6.
But I don’t see ODBC drive in Machine Data Source. Should I create a new one?

Please provide the steps to create new ODBC

Hello,

Kindly please provide the steps that we should follow to create new DSN

Hi Asinha,

I think this should be ask on oracle forum instead here.
Anyway, here is how to you connect oracle sql developer directly without using DSN.

Good Luck,

Teddy

1 Like

Replying to my own query, I successfully created system DNS.
But my concern now is that I am trying to connect production Oracle SQL Developer using system DSN where I don’t have password but I do have Encryption key, server name and username for DB.

And when I try with connection string, there also it asks for password.
Any help will be appreciated!!!

I was also unable to connect to sql developer using the video to get a file and try to download it to my desk top. What does that file do for sql developer? What benefits come with the file? When I downloaded the file to my desktop and loaded it under preferences it didn’t change anything.

Hello Ashish,
Can you please tell me how to add odbc driver?