Open an email to take a screenshot of it

Hello everyone,
I am little stuck with this issue.
I have a requirement to take a screenshot of the email from outlook and paste the screenshot in excel.
I am able to get the mail from outlook to my local folder in .eml format. but i am not sure how do I open the saved email from local to take a screenshot.
I tried open application activity and it does not work.
Any help is appreciated!

Are you able to load Outlook with the email message as parameters? You may need to Google this.

You could then call it from Open Application or CMD/Powershell command…

Thanks @richarddenton for your response.
presently what I am doing is
step 1 - use “Get outlook mail messages” activity to get top 5 outlook mails.
step 2 - using for each and saving each email in my local path with .eml extension.
step 3 - I need to open the emails saved in the local (which I am not able to do :frowning: ). I tried open application activity for it and it doesnt work. I get a “file doesnt exist” error

I’m thinking something like this…from command line

“%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE” /eml “”

Searching on Google it looks like you may need to make some registry changes to allow the .eml files to open with Outlook.

@aksh1yadav any thoughts?

Hey @Rashmi_N

Use "Start Process" Activity with following things:

FileName Property (Process) - “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\OUTLOOK.EXE” // Mine is Outlook 2010 so replace it with your outlook version

Arguments - “/eml D:\Sample\new.eml”

if you are facing such problem like you are opening it and it is not opening with outlook then you can try these steps :slight_smile:

Give it a try and let me know :slight_smile: as well

1. Close Outlook Express if it is open
  2. Press ⊞+R.(Windows+R)
  3. Type msimn /reg and press ↵ Enter. This will reset the file associations for Outlook Express. EML files should now open in Express automatically when double-clicked.

Regards…!!
Aksh