Office365 Authentication Scope

Hi, I am currently making the switch from Legacy to Windows project and I am having issues using the Office365 scope from Windows. I am using ApplicationIDAndSecret Authentication type and have passed the respective values for the 3 fields but the Authentication Scopes field is not displaying anything:

There shouldn’t be any issue with the Azure setup as it is working on Legacy project.

Hi @DH_P3T

In the properties panel of Microsoft 365 Scope initially the Authentication Type will be in Interactive Token please change that to ApplicationIdAndSecret and fill the respective fields. This should help you out

Regards

I already have it set to that

@DH_P3T

In my case, it didn’t ask for Authentication Scopes. I have attached the screenshot also.

Regards

Basically, if I use variables in place of typing out the actual values in the fields, will get that warning message that authentication parameters could not be read as seen in your screenshot. If I run the activity, I will get this error:
“At least one scope needs to be requested for this authentication flow”

If I choose to have the tenant ID, application ID/secret manually typed out, the Authentication Scope field becomes available but will be empty

Hi @DH_P3T

May be the below thread should help you.

Regards

Hmm, currently we already have the following permissions but they do not appear in the authentication scope:
Sites.Selected (Aplication)
User.Read (Delegated)
User.ReadWrite.All (Application)
Mail.ReadWrite (Application)
Mail.ReadWrite (Delegated)
Mail.Send (Application)
Mail.Send (Delegated)
Sites.ReadWrite.All (Application)

Hi @DH_P3T

May be the below video should help you for connecting ApplicationIdAndSecret. May try deleting and try configuring the activity again

It seems that the Authentication Scope will only populate if you include a children activity like find files. Previously, I was using a for each file activity which doesn’t update this list. After forcing the dropdown to include the Sites.ReadWrite.All scope, I am now getting this error:
The provided value for scope Sites.ReadWrite.All is not valid. Client credential flows must have a scope value with /.default suffixed to the resource identifier (application ID URI).

Most likely will need to create another set of permissions with “/.default” suffix.

1 Like

@DH_P3T

For now can you try using version 2.3.3 and check …there you would have option to select your services and that should sort

Cheers

we assume: Connection config is set to: ApplicationIdAndSecret
When using variables it cannot validate / work during the design time as mentioned in the yellow box

So use hardcoded values or the asset approach as described in the docu

Once this is configured, we encountered a misbehavior which we can handle in a lot of scenarios by:
🚑 🆘 [FirstAid] O365 Classic - Microsoft 356 Scope - GeneralException