Office365 activity - Find Files and Folders

Hello,

I’ve been experimenting with the office 365 integration activities recently. I got the office 365 scope, find files and folders, and the download file activity to work.

However, I noticed that the find files and folders activities can only find up to 200 driveitems. Does anyone know how to modify this? in my test case, I’m trying to download as at least a thousand driveitem/files from sharepoint.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Regards,
Sen

Hi @MensenLijauco ,

This is the expected behaviour for the “Search items” API from microsoft.graph (please see Search for files - Microsoft Graph v1.0 | Microsoft Docs for more details) which the “Find Files and Folders” activity is using.

In the documentation of the API it is stated: " If there are too many matches the response will be paged and an @odata.nextLink property will contain a URL to the next page of results."

Please try accessing the URL from that property in a loop until the property is not found anymore in the response and let me know if this solves your use-case.

Constantin

Thank you for your reply. I quite new to this and I was wondering what activity to use to see and access the @odata.nextLink and how can I incorporate it to the find file and folders activity?

Thanks.
Regards,
Sen

Hi @MensenLijauco ,

I did a little bit of digging and it seems that this is a known limitation in the current implementation of the activity (version 1.6 of Office365 activities package). We will remove it for Office 365 version 1.8.0 (probably sometime in the next couple of months).

I have asked if there is any workaround for this case in the meantime and will come back to post if any viable solution comes up.

Constantin

So, I got a response - the only workaround at this time is to define a filter that returns max 200 items. I don’t know if it will fit to your particular use-case.

Constantin

Thank you, Constatin. I decided to abandon the activity and just use the .Getfiles() to return all the contents of the sharepoint folder. Your responses, however, were greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sen