'Object reference not set to an instance of an object' in Advance Assignment 1

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to solve Advance Training Assignment-1 (ACME System 1 - Log In). When I am trying to assign the filtered data items to WIList variable (in my workflow it is named FilteredArray) I am facing error “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”

Can someone please help me.

@Sabreen Check if the TransactionData Datatable is Empty. Also What is the Expression used in the Assign Statement?

Hi @supermanPunch

Attached please find the screenshots

@Sabreen Can you use Output Datatable Activity with TransactionData as the value and Show us the Output in a Message Box

It’s empty. I guess the scraping tool is not working properly. How can I fix it?

@Sabreen After the Data Scraping Step, Perform the Same Steps to Check if the Datatable is Empty or Not first, Then We can Confirm it is not performing Data Scrape Operation Properly.
Then you can try Data Scraping Wizard Again by Indicating the Work Items, and see if it works.

@supermanPunch Thanks. The scraping wizard is working. The output datatable is variable. I used an assign activity to change it from variable to an argument. Now it is working. But facing another issue. Can not figure out what I am doing wrong.

@Sabreen Can you show us what arguments are you passing to Get Transaction Data Workflow?
Also Check what is the value of Transaction Number

1 Like

@supermanPunch value of Transaction Number is 0.

@Sabreen I wanted to Check the variables that you are passing to the arguments in the Ivoke Workflow of Get Transaction Data :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@supermanPunch :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: I think I did not pass the FilteredArray variable to the in_FilteredArray argument. Can’t figure out on which workflow I should do it.

1 Like

@Sabreen If FilteredArray Variable is a Global variable, Then you can Pass it as an Argument to the Get trnsaction Data Workflow , If you Cannot Find the Get Transaction Data Workflow, You can use the Search Option to find it, which Shows All the Places where Get Transaction Data is used.

Also I recommend to follow the Walkthrough available in UiPath Academy, as it is More clear an understandable :sweat_smile:

@supermanPunch I was following the Walkthrough and everything was going well so far. I guess I messed up with the variables and arguments a little :sweat_smile: But thank you so much for the help. Appreciate it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.