Nupkg File Size Doubling?

Hi all,

I am trying to upload my workflow package to orchestrator, but the packages are “propogating” to be huge in size.

Please see a flow of my actions:
I publish project from UiPath to a custom folder (to send to a different Orchestrator account than the one associated with my Studio account)

Before uploading to Orchestrator, I check the file size of the package:

(as you can see from the last package, I naively tried to rename it in order to minimize the file size. . .)

I have run into issues with the file size being too big to upload to Orchestrator/use with Robot. In the past, I have just deleted the packages to “restart” the file size. . . I know this is not ideal for version control, but I don’t understand another way to allow for workflow changes (and therefore package updates) without the file size blowing up (doubling, it seems).

Any insight is appreciated!

Shelby

@shelbypons

Are you saving any input or output files in the process folder itself ?

1 Like

No I am not.

1 Like

@shelbypons

OK. It’s weird issue. Don’t know what’s going wrong here.

The files are doubling in size because they are being republished each time.

If you save your NUPKG (and also move your already published NUPKG files) into a different folder than your Library Folder, then it should be fine!

check your uiPath project and ensure that no folder is inside, which is containing temporared working data e.g. downloads, created reports from the bot. In the majority of similar cases this is the issue while package file size is increasing in such a way.

Delete the no longer data and publish again.

It si recommended to organize a bot in such a way, that the automation process working data is split on a work dir away form the automation project/package data e.g. C:_RPA\WorkDir\ProcessXXX