Not able to connect to MySQL Database using UiPath

Hi,
I’m trying to connect my MySQL database to UiPath. I gave my server name in the ‘localhost:port’ format. It is showing an error when I test the connection. I’m not able to fetch database name to choose in the dropdown.

How can I resolve it?

@Gopalakrishnan_K

Check below link for resolution

Hope this may help you

Thanks

Hi,

Based on your screenshot you are connecting Mysql DB with the SQL server connector which will not work. you have to install Mysql driver (32 bit or 64 bit based on your machine) in your machine and access the driver via ODBC data sources and created DSN and provide your server name, username and password. After that you have to go to uipath studio and use connect acitivity inside of that use the DSN name which you created n ODBC to connect the mysql DB.

Example is Mysql ODBC8.0 ANSI driver in the above screenshot. DO you need any further help please let me know.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

Hi,
Is MySQL driver and ODBC connector the same?. I installed the latest version of MySQL ODBC connector. How can I create DSN in ODBC Data source administrator and find server name?

Hi,

Yes both are same.

please follow below steps to create DSN in ODBC Data sources.

1. Go to ODBC data sources in your system via search.
  2. Open the ODBC data sources it will navigate to below screen.
  3. Click add button in the User DSN screen navigate to below screen.
  4. in the above screen select MySQL ODBC ANSI driver.
  5. it will navigate to below page there you have to enter server name, username password and defaiult port:3306 and test your connection. if it success go to uipath studio and enter the DSN name which you have give n here to access the my sql db from uipath.

if you still have doubts please let me know. Happy weekend.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

@Gopalakrishnan_K

Check below post for your reference

Hope this may help you

Thanks

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for the help. I created DSN but DSN name dropdown shows blank for me. I tried refreshing but no change. Do I need to do anything more on it?
data source

Hi,

if you properly create it should reflect in the dropdown. could you please check the steps one more time related to creation of DSN in the ODBC data resources.
did you try testing your mysql db under ODBC data sources itself. if possible share your screenshot of DSN screen which you have created.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

the machine you are trying on should be whitelisted too, in the DB instance. Regarding your DbIs it a PaaS or Iaas?

Hi,
rpa
RPA is the newly created DSN.
Please inform if any step missing.
How can I test MySQL DB under ODBC data source?

Can you explain it more? How can I check whether my machine is whitelisted?

that DB you are trying to connect to. If it a Paas or Iaas or on a actual physical server?

Is its a paas, you need to whitelist the ip addresses that you need to allow connection from. If easy to do via portal.
If it is a Paas, which cloud provider are you using? If it is azure, below link might help you

Hi,

Based on screenshot it looks good. Double click on RPA it will open one more screen contains your server details if you already populated there you could see one button to test the connection. Pls try that you will get to know whether connection is working or not. if you connect through odbc data source definitely it will work via our uipath studio.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

1 Like

Hi,
It says that test is successful. The only problem is that i am not able to use it in UiPath.
successful

Hi,

Super. Definitely it will work in Uipath studio. Is your DSN (RPA) reflecting under the ODBC data sources in Studio DB connect activity. if you face any issues please share the error you are facing.

Hey forgot to mention one thing if you still not able to see dsn in your studio connect dropdown. pls download mysql odbc connector 32 bit this time and create dsn in ODBC data sources user dsn in 32 bit to resolve the issue. my system is 64 but i have used 32 bit mysql odbc connector and created DSN in 32bit ODBC data sources. Definbitely it will work for this time. cheers bro

1 Like

Hi,
I tried in32-bit. It is not showing ‘MySQL ODBC 8.0 ANSI driver’ option to create DSN. The only option related to ODBC is Microsoft ODBC for Oracle, but it is not working.
3 bit

ok i think 32 bit is not supporting in your machine. in that case 64 bit is good. are you able to view the RPA DSN under dropdown in the connect activity?

No. The dropdown is showing blank for me. Don’t know why.

mmm. the RPA should come in dropdown. mine i am able to connect my mysql DB via these steps only. Sorry my friend without seeing your screen directly not bale to help you.

Tried the same in Microsoft SQL server management studio and rectified the network issue using the given video. It works well in UiPath.

Thanks for your time.