No longer working with pop up windows - Chrome

Getting these errors when trying to click download button, which it previously was able to recognize in previous versions. I have UiPath Browser Automation 23.10 installed now and cant seem to get around this.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi @ismith1

Use the activity Use browser/Application and indicate the new window and within that use the click button and indicate the download button and that should work !!

here the Use application/browser activity is mandatory because the window is being changed and you need to capture that window for further activons to be made on that page.

Regards

Looks like you’re directly opening a PDF in the browser. Why aren’t you using the PDF activities?

It’s opening a hyperlink from the web and just needing to download the file and go to the next, I didn’t really need to use the pdf other than downloading. I ended up upgrading my Automation activities to get it to select the download button.

thanks for the reply!

I ended up upgrading my Automation Activities in Studio to get it to select the download button.

thanks for the reply!

1 Like

You don’t have to click the link, you could scrape the link (ie Get Attribute) and then directly download the file using a HTTP request. Or you could right-click the link and then click “save link as”

1 Like

Yeah that would be another good way to do it, thanks!