No compiled code to run

Hello,

I have an Invode Code activity and it started to give this error, it was working before. Any ideas?

1 Like

Hi @Jenni_K !
Would you mind running again your workflow, and once the pop-up error happens, click on Details and copy the details section here ?

RemoteException wrapping System.ArgumentException: No compiled code to run
error CS1704: An assembly with the same simple name 'TelemetryClient, Version=1.1.51.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null has already been imported. Try removing one of the references or sign them to enable side-by-side. At line -15

at UiPath.Activities.System.Utilities.InvokeCode.CompilerRunner.Compile(String code, Int32 errLineOffset, Boolean generateInMemory)
   at UiPath.Activities.System.Utilities.InvokeCode.CompilerRunner..ctor(String code, String className, String methodName, Int32 errLineOffset, Boolean generateInMemory)
   at UiPath.Activities.System.Utilities.InvokeCode.CSharpInvoker.GetCompilerRunner(String code, String className, String methodName, Int32 errLineOffset, Boolean inMemory)
   at UiPath.Activities.System.Utilities.InvokeCode.NetCodeInvoker.GetCompilerRunner(String userCode, List`1 args, String imps, Boolean inMemory)
   at UiPath.Activities.System.Utilities.InvokeCode.NetCodeInvoker.Run(String userCode, List`1 inArgs, IEnumerable`1 imps, Object[] args)
   at UiPath.Core.Activities.InvokeCode.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
   at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
   at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
   at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Thanks, what is the current version of UiPath Studio that you’re using ?
Did you update UiPath Studio recently so that it could explain why it did work before ?

Studio version is 2020.10.6 Community - Stable

(EDIT sorry i got tangled with several topics with python) did you check the language of the invoke code ?

Yes, it’s Csharp.

Did you check the arguments ? Looks like either the arguments of invoke code or of the workflow have a problem (maybe at the initialization, maybe there are double values named the same way as argument and variable)

Ok, go to your files, in a path like C:\Users\...\.nuget\packages and check inside if you see two times a folder that has the name TelemetryClient

Also, would you mind showing us your dependencies (in manage packages), do you have a double times two packages that have similar names or are using similar packages ?

1 Like

Ok now if you open your json file, would you mind showing us the exact dependency used (on telemetry):

Do you have the same nupkg when you click on Manage Packages ?

I had the same issue. The following code stopped working in Invoke Code activity:
DirectoryInfo directoryInfo = new DirectoryInfo(DownloadPath);
FileInfo[] files = directoryInfo.GetFiles();
DateTime recentWrite = DateTime.MinValue;
FileInfo recentFile = null;
foreach (FileInfo file in files)
{
if (file.LastWriteTime > recentWrite)
{
recentWrite = file.LastWriteTime;
recentFile = file;
}
}
fileName = recentFile.Name;
System.IO.Stream fs = File.Open(recentFile.FullName, FileMode.Open);
System.IO.BinaryReader br = new System.IO.BinaryReader(fs);
Byte[] bytes = br.ReadBytes((Int32)fs.Length);
base64String = Convert.ToBase64String(bytes, 0, bytes.Length);

Error message:
No compiled code to run
error CS1704: An assembly with the same simple name 'TelemetryClient, Version=1.2.20.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null has already been imported. Try removing one of the references or sign them to enable side-by-side. At line -31
: at UiPath.Activities.System.Utilities.InvokeCode.CompilerRunner.Compile(String code, Int32 errLineOffset, Boolean generateInMemory)
at UiPath.Activities.System.Utilities.InvokeCode.CompilerRunner…ctor(String code, String className, String methodName, Int32 errLineOffset, Boolean generateInMemory)
at UiPath.Activities.System.Utilities.InvokeCode.CSharpInvoker.GetCompilerRunner(String code, String className, String methodName, Int32 errLineOffset, Boolean inMemory)
at UiPath.Activities.System.Utilities.InvokeCode.NetCodeInvoker.GetCompilerRunner(String userCode, List1 args, String imps, Boolean inMemory) at UiPath.Activities.System.Utilities.InvokeCode.NetCodeInvoker.Run(String userCode, List1 inArgs, IEnumerable`1 imps, Object args)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.InvokeCode.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

The list of dependencies:
“main”: “Main.xaml”,
“dependencies”: {
“ActivitiesUIPathIntegration”: “[1.0.182]”,
“Microsoft.Activities”: “[1.0.1]”,
“ScrollActivity”: “[1.0.2]”,
“UiPath.Excel.Activities”: “[2.8.0-preview]”,
“UiPath.Mail.Activities”: “[1.8.0-preview]”,
“UiPath.Script.Activities”: “[1.0.6710.16240]”,
“UiPath.System.Activities”: “[19.12.0-preview]”,
“UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities”: “[20.6.0-preview]”
},

The Invoke Code activity was written in C#. The issue was resolved when the activity was rewritten in VB.net.

1 Like

Hi, deleting one of the version subfolders from the .nuget/packages/*activity_package worked for me - it cannot have two. In Jenni’s example, she could delete the nuget/packages/telemetry/1.2.20

Hi ,
I had the same issue after version upgrade from 2020.10.9 to 2022.10. I upgrade UiPath.system.activities and UiPath.uiautomation.activities to the last version 22.10.4 and it works for me . In my opinion it works because UiPath.system.activities has Telemetry included as a dependencies .
( converting c# code to VB was not an option for us )
Let me know if it works for you .

i changed my code from VBNet to C# and it worked. I just translated the code from VB to C#. My previous error was: “Invoke Code: No compiled code to run
error BC31051: Namespace or type ‘Org.BouncyCastle.Utilities’ has already been imported. At line -7”