New Studio bug with Read CSV

Hello, I received the Studio update to 2022.10.2 today. I don’t know if it is related to the bug I am reporting or if it’s coincidental.

While working with a CSV today, I got my process to the point that it was ready to publish, but I kept running into an error while trying to publish the Library that I was updating.

Although Read CSV worked in testing, when I tried to publish my library, I got this error:

Unable to create activity builder for Deduct Time.xaml. Reason was ‘The invocation of the constructor on type ‘UiPath.CSV.Activities.ReadCsvFile’ that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Text.Encoding.CodePages, Version=4.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.’.

This is with UiPath.Excel.Activities v2.16.0.

Only by rolling back that package to v2.12.3 am I able to proceed and publish the project.

Happy to supply any additional logs/configuration data that would be helpful.

same issue for me…

Hello
have you tried installing package “System.Text.Encoding.CodePages” ?

It’s a fair question but I want to underscore a point:

This process and this Read CSV activity has been working for years. The only change was that an update to Studio was pushed and then this happened.

If installing a new package is a requirement to make previously functioning processes work, that’s a problem.

Directly to your question, I did a search and came up with:

None match (or are even close to) the requested version of 4.1.3.0.

To restate: Everything returns to normal function when I roll back UiPath.Excel.Activities to v2.12.3.

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience , but in order to speed up the process of finding a solution to your issue we would need a couple more details , as such : library type ( windows , windows legacy or cross platform ) the language ( C# or Vb) and of course some logs :slight_smile: (C:\Users<user_name>\AppData\Local\UiPath\Logs )

Also it could help if could mention if you are pushing to an orchestrator or to local.

Regards,
Dragos.

Also could you provide the repositories where the last 2 packages can be found :slight_smile: I tried searching for them and I could not find any results in the feeds that I have configured.

And maybe you could please open the package dependencies ( in the project tab) just to see if there are any conflicts in the references :slight_smile:

Library type: Windows Legacy
Language: Vb
Log message:

Blockquote15:46:34.3170 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio] [134] Unexpected error has occurred during the library compilation process:
Unable to create activity builder for Deduct Time.xaml. Reason was ‘The invocation of the constructor on type ‘UiPath.CSV.Activities.ReadCsvFile’ that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Text.Encoding.CodePages, Version=4.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.’.

Publishing to Orchestrator

I have removed “UiPath.Email.Validation.Activities”.
The Gsuite.Interactions is my own library.

I have tested making sure that both the library in question and Gsuite.Interactions are both updated to the most recent version of UiPath.Excel.Activities (v2.16.0), but the problem remains.

When I downgrade to v2.12.3, everything works fine.

I am experiencing the exact same problem and am also willing to help in any way possible.

@bobzbobz Please post a screenshot of your package manager as I did so we can eliminate the potential that the problem may be coming from my custom library.

Also, you should answer the same questions that @dragos.suma asked.

1 Like

I just published a regular project (not a library) with v2.16.1 of UiPath.Excel.Activities and both of the reusable libraries I’ve mentioned (the one I’m having trouble publishing and Gsuite.Interactions) and the process published with no problem.

Is there something different about publishing a library versus a package that might be at the root of this issue?

Hello Again

Here you have my information:

• UiPath Studio 2022.4.6
  • Library: VB, Windows-Legacy

I have attached the logs from my most recent attempt to publish, along with a screenshot of the dependencies.

Logs.zip (61.2 KB)

Same here.
The error lies in the UiPathExcel.Activities v2.16.0
Workaround: Do a downgrade to v2.12.3

Correct! I stated that in the OP.

Still nothing new about this problem?
I am still unable to update dependencies and publish :frowning:

According to this logs the issue appear that there is a missing package not exist so can you try to install it and check if this problem still exist or no

I have tried several variations of dependencies, but all with the same error as you have shown above.

• Install System.Text.Encoding.Codepages (7.0.0)
  • Remove Excel.Activities
  • Keeping both
  • Removing both

All seems to relate to the “Read CSV”-activity.

To reiterate - This process and this Read CSV activity has been working for years. The only change was that an update to Studio was pushed and then this problem began.

If installing a new package is a requirement to make previously functioning processes work after an update to Studio, that’s a problem.

It is only by rolling BACK UiPath.Excel.Activities from v2.16.0 to v2.12.3 that the problem is resolved.

Hello again

I have now created a case at UiPath Customer Portal about this issue.
They have confirmed that it seems to be a bug, and are currently investigating.
I will keep you posted on updates :slight_smile:

New update:

Our engineering team confirmed this is a bug and they already found the root cause:

When the library compiler tries to compile the workflow it needs a reference to Text.Encoding 4.7.1 for the Excel activities. Before trying to load this references, Text.Encoding version 4.5.1 is already loaded for other purposes and it throws the error message.

Issue seems to be with the compiler regarding how it decides to load its dependencies.

The current ETA is by the end of February.

As a workaround, you can switch back to Excel Activities 2.12.3.