Needs help to replace wild card (VB)

Dear pros,
i am trying to let the bot replace my excel’s cell that contain [!*]
Asterik is that anything can be in between. e.g. [!1], [!1,2,3], [!1,3]
to find if it contain above and remove it & replace with next cell’s value.

i created a For each row, and if statement, but seems like when i debug, it just went pass the If statement. Any help is appreciated!

Capture

@winnie_toh Check this below code,
Row(“Note”) = Regex.Replace( Row(“Note”).ToString,“\[.*\]”,“”)

Hope this may help you :slight_smile:

hi Manish, thank you for your prompt help!
but i think it the problem is, it seems like it didn’t even net with if condition.
i changed both now, but still there is no error msg, just went through the loop without doing anything. :frowning:
Capture

@winnie_toh Can you change double quotes of “Note” and add it manaully to that - Row(“Note”).ToSTRING.

hi! at first i thought my condition didn’t work. so i tried to change the value to something is (not symbol) e.g. 28Dec, and it worked! so meaning the system does not seem to detect the symbols.

:cry:

Capture

Dear all,

in the end, i created a desktop record action which records control+F, and replace [!] to blank. it temporary works for now, but just need to be sure that the replace dialog box is pre-set with [!]. Can’t seem to be able to record what to be typed in. Appreciate if you have better solution.

Dear all, an update with the help of some post i saw earlier.

use replace function and below it works.
(To replace [!*] * means any character inside.)

[!\d[,\d]*]

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.