Navigating to a web page

Hi,
I have the following question.

Sequence1: In webpage-1, I click an element-1 to navigate to another webpage-2.

If I create Sequence-2 for activities in webpage-2, “using application browser” - what arguments do I need to pass in?

Do I need to pass the URL of the element-1 by using “get Attribute - url”? Is this sufficient? Does Sequence2 need any other input argument to sequence2

Thank you,

Thank you. So getting an error by just passing URL. Use Application/Browser is not yet configured. Configure it by pointing to the application or using an input UI element.

So basically what you need to do is click on “Indicate application to automate” and then you will need to click anywhere inside the browser/application that you want to work with.

Once you do this, the activity will know the application you want to work with:

Hello A_Learner

You can use url from webpage-2 for “Application Browser”
in case if url is dynamic you can use “get attribute -url”
but if not just use url from webpage-2 for activity

Best Regard,

Thank you both.

I am passing both uiElement as input (which is the output property of click element-1) and url (which I got from getAttribute of element-1) as I try to make it generic.

I do not find an error, but please advise is this the correct and reliable way? And also what is a better and correct way of doing this?

Thank you,

Dear A_Learner

Depend on your requirement and webpage environment, if using this one but your output is same as requirement needed
that mean it’s worked properly.
Sometimes there are requirement that need process to be more faster or fastest and if this idea is not fast enough, we might need to change way to do this process.
but Yes, i do think this way also worked too. :smiley:

Best Regard,

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.