Navigating in IE, Navigate To, Go Back, Close Tab crashes with Windows error

Hi there,
I am attempting to do a simple navigation with Browser references starting from open Browser activity.
If I do not put any delays or if the delay is too small, I get the following error:

I tried putting the navigation steps outside the open browser activity scope, using attach Browser activity to no avail. error keeps coming back. if I change delay between steps to 3 seconds, no issues. Changing it to 1 second or 0 will create the error.

I have a feeling it has to do with web site loading. the navigation activities do not have Wait for Complete option.

What’s more, for a robot I am currently writing, there’s no delay that would work as the webpage is constantly refreshing ( similar to yahoo/google stock quotes). I have no option other than to initiate new browser instances or type directly in nav pane.

Any insights you can offer are greatly appreciated. I am at a loss.

Here’s the error:

“Go back : Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component”

Main has thrown an exception

Source: Go back

Message: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Exception Type: BrowserOperationException

UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at UiPath.UiBrowserClass.GoBack()
at UiPath.Core.Browser.GoBack()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Windows 7 32bit. Studio 2017.1.6435
I’ve attached a sample for you to try.

Main.xaml (22.7 KB)

forgot to mention that .net version is 4.7.2 ( 4.7.03062)

Hi @markvax,

Is there any solution in this thread useful for you?

1 Like

or in here:

I can’t use Chrome so the solution to reset it doesn’t seem to apply. As for .Net 4.51 multipack, that will not be possible for me to test as installations are strictly controlled in my environment and are managed by our application teams. I have no local admin access on my machine. The .net version I have is a much later version as well. I am quite stuck due to that.

For a solution, we had no choice but to simulate clicks on back button and type in the URL in the navigation pane instead of Navigate To Activity. sucks.

To anyone who downloaded my sample, did you get the error message as well? if not , try changing the delay param to 0 seconds.

Thanks

Here are some more workarounds suggested by the users. Sorry to hear that you still have this problem.

Thanks. it only verified the same issue I had when using a browser variable as a reference in an activity instead of a selector. Issue is with Navigate To and Go Back activities → can’t use selectors. I have to use browser variable which just doesn’t work without the mandatory delays.

1 Like